W210 Crossmember replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maddog

My 2001 w210 is in for dealer service and they have told me the crossmember needs replacing

The car has full mb history i've owned it since it was 3 months old so mobilo-life is still valid

I've heard MB will sometimes offer goodwill or foc replacement but has anyone had to pay for it and if so will i need to sit down???:)

They 'should' cover it for 10 years as it's safety related.
If not just have a new closing plate welded on instead of a whole subframe. Much cheaper.

Just awaiting news on my cross member on my 2000 E320 CDI. 2 rear doors and tailgate are [hopefully] approved by MB.

Good luck

Already had both front wings replaced and painted , both rear wheel arches and the tailgate done under goodwill

Now they have approved the crossmember 100% goodwill again

The spring perches look ok as they were checked when they just fitted new springs and the rest of the car is solid so will be a good used buy for someone as i will be shifting it in the new year , 7 years is enough, goodwill or not its a lot of hassle and stress so it wont be another MB thats for sure

7 years is enough, goodwill or not its a lot of hassle and stress so it wont be another MB thats for sure

dont discount the other models - newer and older - unfortunatly the w210 you have is MB at their worst (for rust anyway)....

good luck eitehr way!

I had the crossmember on my W210 done free of charge (Warranty)

Can I ask, when you had the springs done, were they under warranty or did you have them done yourself?

Springs are a wear and tear item , they cost about £85 for the pair and the dealership did them the same times as the crossmember replacement so there was no labour charge

the dealer (Tony Purslow, Basingstoke) were excellent as usual

Shouldnt happen though imo , serious structural rust on a 7yr old car is unacceptable in this day and age

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom