W210 Digital Speedo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanMorgan

Car
R129 500SL, W124 300CE Twin Turbo, W210 E55 AMG, W211 E320 CDI Sport
Hi All,

I was watching a random YouTube video about a W210 and noticed they had a digital speedo read out like you do on most of the new Mercedes.

I did a bit of research and apparently its setting in the trip computer but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Does anyone know where I can find it? I also have a star machine if its a setting on there?

Cheers,
Dan

You sure it's not a retrofitted facelift W208 Speedo with the half LCD? Got a link ttontur video?

Last edited:
It's on the facelift with the larger LCD. I use mine all the time - when starting the car it will show the mileage and trip computer (providing no malfunctions). Press the top left button on the steering once and it will display the MPH.

@KillerHERTZ 100% on all facelifts but I don't know how to activate my one!

Will give that ago Bob, however when I tried clicking all the buttons on the malfunctions bit, it wouldn't shift from that display

Steering wheel buttons not working?

All working fine, I flick through them all time.

I tried again this morning. Navigated to the malfunctions section and clicked the top left (and all other) and there were no additional displays.

I have a feeling it needs to be enabled somehow but theres not much documentation of it online!

It could be that you will need a STAR session to delete UK mode. That enables a few features in the cluster.

All working fine, I flick through them all time.

I tried again this morning. Navigated to the malfunctions section and clicked the top left (and all other) and there were no additional displays.

I have a feeling it needs to be enabled somehow but theres not much documentation of it online!

No need to navigate. Once car is started, the mileage shows. Press the top left button on the wheel and it should show 0 MPH

I'll see if I can film it later

No need to navigate. Once car is started, the mileage shows. Press the top left button on the wheel and it should show 0 MPH

I'll see if I can film it later

Cheers - I will also film to show my dilemma!

It could be that you will need a STAR session to delete UK mode. That enables a few features in the cluster.

As above - the most likely explanation is that the reason that your speedo has different functionality to those you see on YouTube is that UK cars come with 'UK Mode' enabled from the factory; this means that the speed in Kmh is displayed at all times and thus other features are not available. On some models the 'UK Mode' can be deleted using STAR, returning the speedo to its original form and function.

As above - the most likely explanation is that the reason that your speedo has different functionality to those you see on YouTube is that UK cars come with 'UK Mode' enabled from the factory; this means that the speed in Kmh is displayed at all times and thus other features are not available. On some models the 'UK Mode' can be deleted using STAR, returning the speedo to its original form and function.

The W210 has a dual scale speedo so KMH does not have to be displayed digitally.

I will give it a good look on Star on the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom