W210 E Class 320 CDi - Engine Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mwstewart

Car
CLK63 Coupe, Ferrari 430 Spider, BMW E46 M3 Manual Coupe, 500+bhp Fiesta
Sadly my much love 320 CDi has developed an engine fault, so it's now for sale as 'needing attending'. It still starts and drives.

$%28KGrHqUOKiME4q%28lI2skBOSPMM21Pw%7E%7E_12.JPG
eBay ad here: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Mercedes Benz W210 E Class, 320 CDi Automatic 'Facelift' model. The car is in very good condition overall and it drives very well; the ride is smooth and quiet and there are no knocks, bangs etc. from the suspension. The previous lady owner had the car for eight years and there is Full Mercedes-Benz Service History from new, in fact the history file contains a few of the Mercedes receipts. There are eight months of Tax remaining and an MOT until September.

Specification highlights:

• ABS, ESP
  • Air Conditioning (very cold)
  • Auto dim rear view mirror and driver side wing mirror
  • Cruise Control
  • Electric seats
  • Remote central locking
  • Xenon Headlamps (factory fit with auto levelling and headlamp wash)
I bought a tan leather interior for a W210 which I didn't get chance to fit, I am including the leather interior in the sale.
Problem description
The car has developed an engine fault; there is a knocking sound from one of the cylinders and I suspect either a piston issue. The problem occurred whilst accelerating on the Motorway and the symptoms were a loss of power followed by a tapping sound, which remains.
I drove the car home following the issue and it doesn't appear to use any oil.
The oil on the dipstick appears clean i.e. doesn't contain metallic particles or swarf.
The water temperature has remained stable and the motor did not overheat at any time. It does not use any water and the oil is not contaminated.
The car will probably get you home but this is to be attempted at the buyers risk.

I'm sure if will make a nice car for someone who has time to rectify the problem. Buyer to collect from Lincolnshire (close to Lincoln), cash on collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom