W210 (E Class) Steering lock activated (also W140?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonssen

Car
w210
Hello all,
If you have been working on the ignition key-lock or the ignition switch itself you may have inadvertantly tripped the steering lock (see pic. below) and find that it's designed to latch itself so it can't be released. If so, I do now have a solution to release it which doesn't involve sawing it off and can resolve the problem without destroying it!

(N.B. As it involves the release of a security device, I believe it is in everyone's general interest that I don't publish in full here.)

If you have this problem and you need help, please post a message on this thread, or send me an email, or a private message. (These are forwarded to my email account.) You will need to register with this site to do that.

Release information is a PDF which I need to send as an email attachment - I need your email address to be able to do that. If you are concerned about that, message or private message me without your email address first and wait for my reply.

Finally, this lock looks similar to that seen fitted to a mid 90's S class W140 - S class owners may be pleased to note. Can anyone confirm it's the same (or very similar) lock?

Attachments

• W210 Steering Lock_03.jpg
    W210 Steering Lock_03.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom