W210 e220 intake air temp wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harlowcabbie

Car
Mercedes e220 w210
An anyone out there please either take a photo or just let me know what colour the wires are going to their intake temp sensor. The reason I ask is I have two plugs in that area and am not sure which one is meant to be used. ive been to an indie and he has plugged one in just not sure it's correct .i have tried swapping them around and the car drives seemingly ok with either one used. I have scoured the net for hours and cannot find anything to show the sensor and wiring or any clues as to what the extra plug should be for. Would really appreciate it as it's driving me nuts not knowing if it's right or not.

I'm guessing nobody has a w210 model then that could have taken a quick look at there's.

These are the connectors

Attachments

• image-3996115477.jpg
    image-3996115477.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image-4261030470.jpg
    image-4261030470.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image-4111097576.jpg
    image-4111097576.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17
Bump

Would really appreciate that it's the air intake temp sensor on the solid pipe from the intercooler upto the egr valve. Sensor on the left of the pipe is the map on the right is the one I need info on. Just the colour of the wires going to it would be great .

Not sure if this is the bit without taking the engine cover off
But the plug has a brown wire and a green and red wire

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 9
No mate wrong part if you look to the right hand side of your engine at the front you will see a black hose coming from the engine cover down to the intercooler it's immediately left of the windscreen washer bottle . The hose has 2 sensors on it one on the left one on the right it's the right hand side sensor I need info on . Thanks again

I would look to check which way round they are but mine have broken off.
Bet this is why your asking
I can only thank you. What's busted?

Brown&white
Green&white

But which way I dunno????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 11
Just re-read your post.
It looks like we can both help each other on this.
All I need to do is figure out how to fix mine as the wires have broken at the plug.
It looks line they actually run along a washer pipe

My car has been running a bit rough with erratic idling so perhaps this is the culprit?

It adjusts the air fuel mix depending on the temperature of the air going into the engine .this is what I have been told supposedly without it the car defaults to a certain temp range and may possibly use more juice than normal . If I'm wrong someone please correct me

You should be able to use my first pictures to work out which wire goes where by the orientation of the plug. And yes I believe it may cause erratic idle .

Mmmmmm
Perhaps it's right
I'm averaging 42mpg on the 12mile daily commute.
So it ain't bad but I've known better
To think if you had never asked I would have never have found it

Cheers

Looking at your picture if those wires were connected same way they are now it would be correct

No can't quite figure out which way.

When you've fitted yours, er can you take a picture?

Ta

As you look down at the sensor green top brown bottom. Or green closest to engine brown closest to radiator .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom