W210 E240 Stalling, not starting... Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imbck666

Car
Mercedes W124 230E Saloon (SOLD), W210 E200 (WRITTEN OFF), W210 E240 2001 Facelift, W211 E220 cdi 07
Hi all,
2001 facelift w210 E240 M112 with problems..

Quite recently the car started to crank but not start when warm/hot.
I would have to wait 10-15 mins and then it would start no problem.
Stalled on me a few times on the road (at creeping speeds) as well.. which is not nice... dont mind if it doesnt start in a carpark but on the road is annoying..

Anyway, I have dont plenty research into this and find out info about it being the Crankshaft Position Sensor.
Scanned the car (I know not enough) with OBD2 scanner..
Code p0335 comes up, -CPS

After a reset, car is fine all day no problem... but when it doesnt start the same code comes up..

Sometimes the Throttle position sensor comes up along with MAF but once erased these do not come up again... Maybe linked with each other?

Anyway, maybe someone can shed some light before I replace the Crank sensor.. ?

Thanks in advance

imbck666 said:
Hi all, 2001 facelift w210 E240 M112 with problems.. Quite recently the car started to crank but not start when warm/hot. I would have to wait 10-15 mins and then it would start no problem. Stalled on me a few times on the road (at creeping speeds) as well.. which is not nice... dont mind if it doesnt start in a carpark but on the road is annoying.. Anyway, I have dont plenty research into this and find out info about it being the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Scanned the car (I know not enough) with OBD2 scanner.. Code p0335 comes up, -CPS After a reset, car is fine all day no problem... but when it doesnt start the same code comes up.. Sometimes the Throttle position sensor comes up along with MAF but once erased these do not come up again... Maybe linked with each other? Anyway, maybe someone can shed some light before I replace the Crank sensor.. ? Thanks in advance

I would guess crank position sensor needs changing

Just change the crankshaft sensor(L5) & it will solve your problem.Cheers

Thanks guys!

So i guess the fault codes coming up with throttle position and maf are all interlinked to the CPS issue then?

And one more question... there are 2 brands of CPS

One is FEBi and other is BOSCH.. Which one should I go for?

Any difference?

Ooops.

Sounds very much like a cps fault, purchase the bosch one.

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom