W210 e280 identification part help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halla

Car
e280
I took the inlet manifold out, cleaned resealed. But when I replace it I am left with a
Hole in my engine, I can not find the part that goes there. I have taken two photos
1 full view and the 2nd close up of area. It's near the oil filler, oil cooler.
This a 1999 upgraded w210 e280. Help please.
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
They just look like casting holes - nothing has ever been mounted there because they are rough cast finish

The car is petrol. No it's a hole that goes into the cylinder head. It's clean so either air or water.
I do have a faint recollection of a rubber square tube!!

Their is a number inside D6A maybe 12. The D could be a 0/O

I have been looking through eBay, autodoc and more trying to figure this out.

The e320 and bigger have a secondary air injection system. Anyone have access to a e240 v6
Should be able to see what's there.

P.S
I have just finished renewing the front end suspension totally. Thinking about the rear end.

And on a funny note, I renewed my front window screen rain scuttles, be careful the plastic is brittle,
And Mercedes Benz £35 was cheaper than eBay, £47+.

Thanks for trying
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
From what we can see in the photo , it does not appear that the cavity leads anywhere - is it just a 'blind' cavity , with no access to any other part of the engine ?

If so , I suspect , at most there will be a cap or a gasket which may have fallen down somewhere - does your car have an engine under tray where the part might be trapped ?

Otherwise , it may still be lurking somewhere in your engine bay - hopefully it did not fall into your engine while you had it apart !

I have loosely installed the inlet manifold and took another picture of the area. It looks like it could just be a hole in the cylinder head, for now. I will keep an eye on it. Especially when filling the oil and anti freeze back in. But for now I will leave it alone. I do tend to panic and over think things.

Thanks for your input and suggestions.
Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    643.4 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom