W210 E290 Turbodiesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
This noon when I was out and about I saw a pre face lift W210 that was on German plates badged as the above title "E290 Turbodiesel".

In the UK we had a E300 Turbodiesel but stranage why in Europe they have the E290 unless it is just badged differently in rest of Europe? :confused: Has anyone else seen a European W210 E290 Turbodiesel?

Europe did have a version of the 3.2CDI engine minus turbo that IIRC was badged E290 but I might be wrong on the badging.

Hi

It was a 5 cylinder i thought, have seen many on the continent.

Flash said:
This noon when I was out and about I saw a pre face lift W210 that was on German plates badged as the above title "E290 Turbodiesel".

In the UK we had a E300 Turbodiesel but stranage why in Europe they have the E290 unless it is just badged differently in rest of Europe? :confused: Has anyone else seen a European W210 E290 Turbodiesel?

It's just a W210 with a Sprinter 312D engine in it, not bad cars.

I don't know why we didn't get them.

Thanks for replies - At first I thought it was me just seeing things when it was badged as a E290...

nick mercedes said:
I don't know why we didn't get them.

Marketing.

They are too underpowered and gruff for our discerning tastes. remember an indirect engine is smoother than a direct injection, which is only smoothed by multi injections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom