w210 e300 performance upgrades?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e300

Car
2002 ML55 AMG
hey, just wondering what are the bes upgrades for my e300 td engine? i need more power :)

Hi mate,

First & Foremost, an excellent engine for tuning!!...I have a C250TD (2.5, 20v Diesel Turbo OM605?) A mate of mine however has an E300TD, and he's running plenty of power...:cool:

First of all, I suggest you 'DE-CAT' the car, that will more than improve power right across the range, and improve 'lag' a little as well. Both my car & my mates E-Class have this done and we both noticed a very decent improvement!...not much more noise, and next to NO difference in the emissions test! :thumb:

...The next thing I would recommend is modifying the injectors, to un restrict fuel flow a little more, or replace with larger injectors (which could cause a little more smoke, without a re-map) however these 2 things have had the following results on a RR (Rolling Road) session this Sunday just gone;

C250 TD Sport - Standard : 150bhp & 280nm/torque
E300 TD - Standard : 177bhp @ 330nm/torque

@ the weekend they made;

C250 TD Sport : 172bhp & 347nm/torque :rock:
E300 TD : 192bhp @ 380nm/torque :rock:

In my books, thats a pretty decent improvement over stock, however we never RR the cars prior to modification so can only go off the 'manufacturer' stats? But never the less, a good result for literally pennies!! :bannana:

MPG's has increased slightly in my car too, as it doesn't have to try as hard whilst general driving, which is also a bonus, and the extra ooomphhh...when you do floor it is really handy, and a very noticeable difference, couldn't recommend this enough mate!!

Try both out & see what you think!? :dk:

All the best, Mark.

Hello.
I also own a W210 300TD and i want also to upgrade it...
i thought to install a GT2256v and remap it...but really undertood guys from another forum told me to change my 6.0mm element to a 7.0mm one.Than bigger intercooler and finally a conventional turbo..
what do you think?

Very interesting stats on the E300, i personanly have an E320 which i would appreciate a bit of extra oooopmh on too - would the same rules apply?

As regards to actuallt "de-cat'ing" it is this something a complete novice numpty like me could do or is it a garage job? Same applies for the injectors too!!!

Cheers

Hi mate,

First & Foremost, an excellent engine for tuning!!...I have a C250TD (2.5, 20v Diesel Turbo OM605?) A mate of mine however has an E300TD, and he's running plenty of power...:cool:

First of all, I suggest you 'DE-CAT' the car, that will more than improve power right across the range, and improve 'lag' a little as well. Both my car & my mates E-Class have this done and we both noticed a very decent improvement!...not much more noise, and next to NO difference in the emissions test! :thumb:

...The next thing I would recommend is modifying the injectors, to un restrict fuel flow a little more, or replace with larger injectors (which could cause a little more smoke, without a re-map) however these 2 things have had the following results on a RR (Rolling Road) session this Sunday just gone;

C250 TD Sport - Standard : 150bhp & 280nm/torque
E300 TD - Standard : 177bhp @ 330nm/torque

@ the weekend they made;

C250 TD Sport : 172bhp & 347nm/torque :rock:
E300 TD : 192bhp @ 380nm/torque :rock:

In my books, thats a pretty decent improvement over stock, however we never RR the cars prior to modification so can only go off the 'manufacturer' stats? But never the less, a good result for literally pennies!! :bannana:

MPG's has increased slightly in my car too, as it doesn't have to try as hard whilst general driving, which is also a bonus, and the extra ooomphhh...when you do floor it is really handy, and a very noticeable difference, couldn't recommend this enough mate!!

Try both out & see what you think!? :dk:

All the best, Mark.

...The next thing I would recommend is modifying the injectors, to un restrict fuel flow a little more,

What do you mean by modify?

A resistor in series with the rack position sensor would probably have given about the same result, but removing the cat is good fro efficiency.
It's a shame you don't have an EGT gauge and boost gauge to see what difference has been made to those.

Did you perform any stopwatch timings before and after the mods? Also, bear in mind, the 300 probably wasn't still producing 177Bhp as the MAF sensor ages.

Intrigued to hear what 'mod' is done to the injectors

Those gains are similar to what companies say for chipping the ECU, have you any 30-70 before and after times?

Any update or info on how much he would charge to recondition another set of injectors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom