W210 E300 TD 1999 A/C PUMP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2toast

Car
E300 Turbo Diesel
As per above I have recently got hold of a well looked after 1999 W210 E300 TD it appears the A/C is not working or EC are these parts known to be electrical or just bust.
The previous owner never used the EC its never had a refill.
The pump / compressor is not working can these be fixed or is it a straight change?
Has anybody replaced one of these and if so any help on where I can purchase a new one at a good price.

EC/economy is off.

Have a read of this -

You are being redirected...

If you have the digital climate panel, you could try taking advantage of Kwik-Fits "recharge or no charge" deal - even when fully charged you have to play about with the buttons to get it going again and it's extremely unlikely they will know. I did this on my old W210 and basically got a free recharge!

Otherwise you'll need to get it tested by a pro.

EC/economy is off.

Have a read of this -

You are being redirected...

If you have the digital climate panel, you could try taking advantage of Kwik-Fits "recharge or no charge" deal - even when fully charged you have to play about with the buttons to get it going again and it's extremely unlikely they will know. I did this on my old W210 and basically got a free recharge!

Otherwise you'll need to get it tested by a pro.
Thanks for the advice, but i have the non digital panel good old dials

The normal state of operation of the Air Con is on, and it should be left on all the time to prevent misting up. The EC button just turns the air con off. I do not know why you should want it off ?
There is only so much you can do to check your air con is working,viz. is the belt driving the pump, or if you have a "Black Light" torch, (Off of Ebay / Amazon about £2.) you can spot any leaks. Other than that, as per above, it is a pro job to sort it.
For cheap, ... have a look on Groupon, they often have a check and charge for about £30.00. However, given the age of the car, I would suspect the drier or condenser has a hole in it somewhere. Over the years I had to replace all the A/C components in my old 210.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom