w210 e300td heater always blowing cold air

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velo96

Car
mercedes w210 E300TD
hi i have an issue with the heater system always blowing cold air i have replaced thermostat and cleaned the duo valve but issue still here the motor seems to work as blowing cold air, i noticed if i turn the dial from hot to cold the sound would get louder but still cold air. anyone have a similar problem, where to look next? heater resistor?
as winter coming up and it wil be a cold ride.

Is the duo valve actually letting hot coolant through to the heater matrix?

I am unsure but the duo valve does get hot and and the 2 wee valves moves up and down freely

1 + Duo Valve. Always goes at this time of the year.

I've just took duo valve apart again give it a good clean now there is hot air but only when I'm driving or reving on idle it blow cold air, I will order a new duo valve, in mean time is there a way to bleed the system?

I've just took duo valve apart again give it a good clean now there is hot air but only when I'm driving or reving on idle it blow cold air, I will order a new duo valve, in mean time is there a way to bleed the system?
I used to run a E300TD.
When I changed the coolant, I just ran it.
It bled itself - But I had to top it up a couple of times.

Do you have separate electric water pump (some models do have), check if its broken.

While you're going through all the above it might be worth giving the cooling and heating system a back flush (don't forget to set the heater at max with the ignition on and either remove the thermostat or flush rad' separately) then filling with water to test if it's all working ok. Drain and refill with coolant (the same day in case it hits 0 overnight). Should it still only be heating when revved, you could be looking at a new water pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom