W210 E320 Avantgarde Saloon - Breaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
We are breaking our old W210 E320 petrol as I believe it now has a bad camshaft position sensor causing it to stall. I have no inclination to revive it and sell car as runner due to being time poor. Well optioned car and for sale are any parts on it that are easily removed such as interior items, wheels, Avantgarde body styling.

The rest of the car will be scrapped, rusty body bits, engine and the like.

Collection of parts preferred from West Sussex, or delivered at your cost. I might even let you dismantle bits yourself or, you can come and trailer it away complete for £475. The wheels alone are worth £400-500 at least.

All offers considered, PM for negotiation. Below are all parts that I see fit for selling and for saving any deserving W210s left out there.

- Genuine AMG Monoblock wheels with tyres - 18x8 ET31
- Avantgarde styling - some scuffs and road rash but includes bumpers and skirts
-Heated front seats grey leather - no rips or tears , driver electric memory
- Heated rear seats grey leather - hardly ever sat in
- Anti-glare wing mirror glass (gold - drivers)
- Electric steering wheel adjustment
- Grey full leather interior - door cards grey leather in very good condition
- Dark wood trim - dash, centre console and doors, very good condition
- Electric wing mirrors - passenger good, drivers was knocked whilst parked and is damaged
- Grey headlining
- Headlights - good but could do with a polish
- Tail Lights

Reply or PM for any other parts that you might be looking for. If it's easily unbolted, I'll take it off. Lots of stuff available I imagine.

B3A90193-8373-4802-B269-D4382EFE277C_zpsvadzsdos.jpg

DE37E3E4-A746-404E-998C-0E472DBCAEAC_zpsqnjhdcvi.jpg

D74ED7A9-1A65-4012-83FB-1172A80AF997_zpsxmli4g0j.jpg

C1F31331-29C6-4870-AACE-ED0410024135_zpswxzovw4d.jpg

FF8759FE-8C5B-49B7-8663-DEA0A05CDCA9_zpszyibxwpn.jpg

509A637E-B956-4749-8880-1039B0D79FE3_zpsrsmjitpi.jpg

A089D2DA-83C7-46EE-8766-9A755140D3C5_zpsi5ylwigc.jpg

FCE8B0A3-32E8-43A5-B5F4-2FCA93EAA5F3_zpsyxxsz79j.jpg

2250A0A6-BB22-48E6-91E4-2ED76CEB79E2_zpsbnvpes6o.jpg

B37B6DA4-9C64-4B94-8F02-F75B10B20951_zpspgmxdsbk.jpg

8DBA7AB5-534C-4707-A5C5-62A16B7E2EF1_zpsmol0mrup.jpg

Last edited:
Those rear heated seats are rare!

Don't let it go that cheap! They are AMG bumper too and of course the rear heated seats! If I didnt have 8 210's already i'd be snapping this up

I've never seen another car with them. Sad to be doing this but we've got cars coming out of our ears so time to go.

Such a shame, I saw your advert for it last month when it was running ok and thought it looked great for it's age. If I didn't already spend half my time shuffling 4 cars around I'd have it like a shot!

What sort of tyres are fitted to the AMG wheels? I might well be interested in those (we can even swap the wheels off my W210 onto yours so it still rolls), and would take some of that nice-looking 'wood' interior trim too if you really do plan to break it. Otherwise why not see if you can bodge it to get it going and webuyanycar it?

Otherwise why not see if you can bodge it to get it going and webuyanycar it?

I doubt will get near the asking price once it gets there.

I doubt will get near the asking price once it gets there.

Heh, very true, but it'd sure beat the alternative - wescrapanycar.

Anyone know where to get a decent 2nd hand or cheap 3rd party CPS and MAF for an e320? I might have a plan... ;)

Last year I got a WBAC quote for my '99 S210 320cdi.
So low it that it became a breaker again (it was bought as one, as such).
IIRC it was scrap money, £150??

Indeed it proved a right good saviour, for all the extra bits subsequently needed.

Webuyanycar are a right load of ripoff merchants tbh, they give Glass's guide prices less x percent, which can give some amusingly shocking results with classics. For a laugh I put in the reg of a 100k Lambo a while ago and got a quote of £750!
But they are useful if you need to get rid of a car quick for whatever reason, esp if you know it's going to expensively fail just after they get it ;)
Personally I'd rather eBay a car than use them, though my 190 did meet a sad fate through the 'bay - it sold for a reasonable price for a tired early 2.0 and had good bodywork despite it's smoky old engine and 12 months mot, but the buyer turned up in a scrapyard hiab and unceremoniously dumped it on the back! Very sad for me, and very stupid of him, I'd said in the ad the engine was on it's last legs but that was the main bit he wanted from it...

I got your PM Cozy but cannot reply, your inbox is full

It's now running properly and will shortly have a new home :D

...Oh dear. I am soooo dead :eek:

It's now running properly and will shortly have a new home :D

...Oh dear. I am soooo dead :eek:

Ah did you buy it?

Ah did you buy it?

Yep, fitted a replacement crankshaft and camshaft position sensor and it runs fine now :)

It needs the wings doing and the front spring hangers are on their way out but it seems pretty solid overall, much too good to break.

Hi all,

Apologies as I didn't realise my inbox was full.

mj2k was the first person to message me about the car and we struck a sale. He takes it home this week and it looks like he's going to revive it, just as it deserves :).

Hi all,

Apologies as I didn't realise my inbox was full.

mj2k was the first person to message me about the car and we struck a sale. He takes it home this week and it looks like he's going to revive it, just as it deserves :).

I'm really looking forward to driving it for the first time, I've never driven a Merc V6 and I love the shape of the W210 saloon :)

And then when I get home the real fun's going to begin...

Anyone fancy 8 grands worth of Alfa 156 GTA and maybe a side-order of Pug 306 cabriolet so I can make room for my new project? :devil:

Edit: Wowsers, there's something I didn't know; doing a vin decode popped up "774 - SHELL MODIFICATION FOR AMG-WHEELS", wonder what that involved?

Last edited:
...Ah, that explains the crumbly wheelarches on the W210 AMGs - they made the 774 modification like this:

1760273d1454185847-information-option-code-774-shell-modification-img485.jpg

Edit: Wowsers, there's something I didn't know; doing a vin decode popped up "774 - SHELL MODIFICATION FOR AMG-WHEELS", wonder what that involved?

Rolled arches

Rolled arches

Or 'crumbled arches' after a few years :D

That looks perfectly do-able at home, though the rustproofing would have to go into overdrive.

Mmm, that was a nice uneventful journey back to Herts.

On the way back I stopped off to chat to a111r and pick up his spare bumper, and naturally we got talking about this 210.

My initial comments were "it seems to be a lot less worn out than my s210 and sticks to the road much better, but it does seem gutless in comparison"

But then when I drove off home, it suddenly developed a lot more power! And of course when it was due to be sold it suddenly developed the CPS fault...

cozy - are you sure your dad didn't get the optional 'ears and artificial intelligence' option fitted to this 210? :D

And here's a couple of pics of the two 210s briefly next to each other:

DSC_0154_zps8cfbyefs.jpg

DSC_0156_zpsymr2dyos.jpg

Chances are there's still a fault (my money's either on my bodged CPS or the MAF) rather than the car developing emotional responses, but luckily my Chinese clone multiplexer arrived today, so with a bit of luck and me resuscitating an old laptop I might be able to read the fault codes sometime next week...

Well, that's assuming the multiplexer actually works of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom