W210 E320 CDI Breather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amazighman

Car
CLK 430
Hi all.

My crankcase breather is leaking and there is oil dripping on tubo pipe from the breather pipe connected to it.

Do i have to replace the whole breather device and hose or it is enough to get new two O rings and strip?

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

/\ Is this the rubber pipe, it separates from the actual breather part. I'm not sure on a part number but can check if you send me your VIN.

Yes thats the part i am on about, i run the car the other day till warm and noticed fumes coming out of the breather valve itself.
I assume the o rings underneath have let go and oil vapour is escaping.

I ordered new o rings only as i couldn't find any damage on the hose or breather valve.
If new o rings dont sort it time for replacement breather and hose.
s-l1600.jpg

/\ Is this the rubber pipe, it separates from the actual breather part. I'm not sure on a part number but can check if you send me your VIN.

The breather diaphragm is rubber so degrades with heat, oil and time so definitely worth replacing. Later models for the OM642 have better oil seals at the air intake end as well. My OM642 (140K miles) ticked over better after replacement and when I took the old one apart the rubber diaphragm was shot. About £60-£70 on ebay.

Bought a new breather from MB online for 32 quid, aftermarket ones were 25 quid so thought better stick with genuine part

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom