W210 E320 Cdi EPC (loss of power under hard acceleration)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes that will be fine, just remember to unplug the transducer and I believe the EGR needs to be firmly shut so if gunked up may not work properly

Thanks bob!

I understand disconnecting the transducer will keep the Egr closed. But how will I know for sure if it is?

Not 100% sure but I'm sure it will go into limp mode if it is stuck open

Thanks Bob.

I guess the only way to find out is to take part egr but I don’t know how to close it permanently after cleaning

Anyone know where I can find the map?

Anyone know where I can find the map?

MAP sensor? It's on the intercooler hard pipe just below the EGR

Thanks Bob.

I guess the only way to find out is to take part egr but I don’t know how to close it permanently after cleaning

EGR stays closed as default. The shunt/mod will not make it open again

Hi bob thanks again for your help. That’s it, map sensor. I’m thinking of changing it out with one off eBay for £15 to see if it solves the high boost pressure.

As for the egr delete I’m worried if I carry it out, the valve may be stuck open. And if I do take it apart I don’t know how to make sure the valve stays closed. I guess I need to see if it moves freely

Oh bob, I also noticed the the clip for the pipe from air filter to inter cooler is broken and it’s loose. Could this have something to do with it?

When I press down on accelerator I hear lots of air and a loud whistle not sure if that’s normal

I’m basically fed up

you have boost leak deffo... sort it out first...

Do you have device to re-map you ecu?

you have boost leak deffo... sort it out first...

Do you have device to re-map you ecu?
I’ve told my mechanic this and he’s said he’s done a smoke test and everything?? I don’t get it

Boost pipe leak may happen only when hose is overpressurized.. if you hear whistle it is a leak. Another culprit is maniflod seal or missing swirl flap/actuator.

Update!

Egr delete completed using Dieselmans instructions.

The shunt worked. No limp mode however boost is intermittent.

I suppose there is the possibility that the egr valve is partially open.

Hi bob thanks again for your help. That’s it, map sensor. I’m thinking of changing it out with one off eBay for £15 to see if it solves the high boost pressure.

As for the egr delete I’m worried if I carry it out, the valve may be stuck open. And if I do take it apart I don’t know how to make sure the valve stays closed. I guess I need to see if it moves freely
Did you get the MAP changed? If so did it make any difference?

Did you get the MAP changed? If so did it make any difference?
Hi I did bought to for £1@ off eBay and made no difference!

I’m wondering if throttle/accelerator position sensor has anything to do with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom