w210 e320 cdi intermitent p1354 error code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doggz1

Car
w210 e320 cdi estate
Hi can anyone shed any light on this frustrating p1354 crank sensor synchronization problem that keeps intermittently re accruing :dk:

So far i have had the symptoms of crank sensor failing ie wont restart when hot so i read the codes and it read

p1354 synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft frequency camshaft signal high
p1354 synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft no crankshaft signal
p0100 bank 2/5 (hot film mass airflow sensor) the signal voltage is too low
p1403 exhaust recirculation negative control variation (egr rate low )

with this i changed the maf for a new mb genuine part as this was long over due anyway as i had experienced a lack of throttle response ,
and a high end after market vemo crank sensor .
this seamed OK the car found all its response back . it now comes up on boost much easier than before so guess the changing the maf was the right move

but the intermitent fault is back some two weeks later and i have noticed that the turbo stops boosting but no limp on dashboard but she is in a kind of limp mode ie no boost will not rev above 3000rpm and while like this if i switch her off she will not start for a while only crank over if immediately read the codes there is only one

p1354 synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft no crankshaft signal

clear the codes and she fires strait up :wallbash:

a bit baffled now as the only other thing i could think of was has the cam chain stretched but i would have thought this problem and code would come up all the time rather than every now and then in a hundred or so mile intervals

anyone any ideas please let me have them .

CHEERS GUYS !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom