W210 E320 CDI wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B15 MAT

Car
1998 E55 AMG
I have an x reg W210 E320 CDI that wont start.
It will crank ok but wont start.
Anyone have any ideas????

Check for air leaks into the fuel pipes and check the injector leak-off rate.

Does it start when using Ezi-start?

I had just driven to the shops and all was ok, now it just cranks over. could it be an immobiliser problem?

probably the crank sensor gone duff. This normally shows up more when the engine is hot.

went out again for a spin and it cut out on me. Tried to start if and it wouldn't but 15 mins later it started.

are they expensive? are they easy to fit?

Depends if they snap off while you are taking it out.

My neighbour just did his on his C320 , MB price for the part £100 , GSF price £35 ... had the same part number on it , just not in an MB box.

1/2 hour to swap over . If it snaps while you are taking it out then it's a whole different kettle of fish.

Where in the engine is it situated and does any one have instructions how to replace it or should I just take it to my local indy?

If you order online at ECP use the MBCLUB25 code for 25%.

I don't work for ECP, but bought a clutch, brake discs and pads for our Corolla and saved over £60... Great deal for MBClub members!

Where in the engine is it situated and does any one have instructions how to replace it or should I just take it to my local indy?

It's just above the starter motor through the flange at the rear of the engine.

Hi i got same problem. Changed crank and cam sensor as comp told me no plausable signal frm them. Still wont start. Fires wen usinh easy start. Wont stay running wen stop using it..

Hi have non starting prob. Came up on my solus as no plausable signal between cam an crank sensor. Replaced both with merc bits. Still wont bloody start.???

Hi i got same problem. Changed crank and cam sensor as comp told me no plausable signal frm them. Still wont start. Fires wen usinh easy start. Wont stay running wen stop using it..

Hi have non starting prob. Came up on my solus as no plausable signal between cam an crank sensor. Replaced both with merc bits. Still wont bloody start.???

Do you have a cdi engine? If not it would be best to start a new thread which is more relevant to your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom