W210 E320CDI EGR Cooler Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Staridom

Hi,

Am in the middle of removing the mixing chamber to clean it, I have disconnected it fully (along with the cooler) but am unable to get it away from under the manifold due to the EGR cooler being connected to the chamber and locking it all in. Does anyone know how to separate the cooler from the mixing chamber or otherwise know how to remove in one?

First of all make sure you have unbolt braket from under the cooler (but attached to chamber). Then get pray bar or long screwdriver and pray away cooler from chamber. Its hold by gasket and you might move it up and down first before praying it.

Its not that hard when you remove all bolts holding full assembly. 3 bolts on back of cooler to pipe. 1 bolt on top of cooler. 3 bolts of chamber to intake mainfold. 1 bolt of bracket. 2 bolts on bottom of chamber to intake pipe.

Because I have big hands it took me 4 hours to complete full job - but was worth every minute.

Great, followed the advice and part separated without issue, only a rubber gasket holding the two pieces together. Since re assembly no smoke and much better performance, car has 297,000 miles so pretty impressed.

Good to hear that :thumb: I enjoy mine as well :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom