W210 E320CDI front fuelpump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedesstar

Car
S320Cdi
Just had a vehicle check done on my W210 E320CDI. and amongst other things I was told that the front high pressure fuel pump was leaking at the top and needed replacing. Having had a look at other W210 fuel pump threads, am I right in saying it is not just a straight swap over. Timing needs to be right and so on?

many thanks in advance

No timing needed.

Pump seal kits are available or a Bosch diesel centre will refurb the pump for around £100ish I think.

Mine leaked big time, so much so that it threw the aux belt off and halted proceedings, car had been smelling of diesel for a week or so prior to this happening but I had convinced myself that if I ignored it it would go away. It didn't go away and resulted in me buying a second hand pump from Prestige Merc spares with 3 months warranty for £113.00 delivered, problem sorted, no smell, no leakage, no problem!

Just for clarification I didn't mean the aux belt was anything to do mechanically with the fuel pump purely that the diesel on the belt made it slip off!

always replace both small o rings on the low pressure fuel lines going into the pump on the left side of the pump, or they will leak after the pump is put back

Thankyou all for your answers. It was Mercedes Benz in Peterborough who did the inspection, Jaymanek. They say it leaks at the top. Quote £469.92 to replace, £362.50 for pump and £29.10 for labour. I haven`t been able to look myself. Where is the pump situated?

Thans for that nudge, mersum1es, should have spotted it. Great, easy to follow tutorial. Thanks for that.

Just an update and perhaps just a reminder that it is worth getting things checked more than once. I had a leak off test done at Fleet Road garage in Holbeach. They showed me the leak off test result, all 6 bottles had exactly the same amount of diesel in them, but the plastic lines were full of air bubbles. O ringes between low and high pressure pump changed and so far so good. Mercedes could have charged me £500 for fitting a new pump, and the problem would still have been there. Thanks all for your input.

Last edited:
Digging up a corpse thread for a stupid question... I noticed that my 270 CDI HP fuel pump has some light sweating around the joins, is this something I should get sorted asap or a case of "they all do that"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom