W210 E320cdi mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
Can I ask fellow and former owners what sort of mpg I should expect

On a full tank I have achieved between 480 and 520 miles until the point the red light comes on.

The onboard computer shows 38mpg on the general drive to work on A roads and going through Salisbury and then in Southampton and if I do motorway mileage and stay reasonably sensible it reads 42.5.

Question is, is that as expected or should I see a better result? Car is regularly serviced, tyres are at correct pressures etc.

Thanks

Paul

Sounds good to me.

Make sure your thermostat is getting to 90ºc within 10 minutes and stays there.

Those figures are in line with what I see - have managed to get her up to 45mpg on a non-stop motorway trip from Hampshire to Yorkshire, although had to force myself to keep the speed down, as normally on a motorway blast I'm lucky to see 40mpg or better with my leaden right foot!:bannana:

I get 22mpg or thereabouts on my daily 5.4 mile commute.

The best I've seen was on a long M-Way journey, with loads of 50 mph sections...saw over 50 mpg.

My 2003 s320 CDI was getting around 550 miles until the light came on and that's pretty similar to yours..

My 2003 s320 CDI was getting around 550 miles until the light came on and that's pretty similar to yours..

Do you have the same size tank?

up to 25mpg in London, and 36mpg on motorway runs, and a standard tank, definitely NOT 80l

Last edited:
up to 25mpg in London, and 36mpg on motorway runs, and a standard tank, definitely NOT 80l

I used to get better MPG from my E320 petrol in winter on the way into the city, my E320cdi used to return 24mpg and wouldn't be up to temperature on the 9 mile commute, where as the petrol used to return 25mpg, but was up to temperature in under a mile.

On a run the 320 petrol would show about 34mpg where as the diesel was nearly at 40.

One of mine has the first gen. Brabus D6 tuning box fitted.
The seller claimed he recently got 50 mpg, taking it easy on the M6 and M1, Blackpool to London.
I took this with a large pinch of salt but duplicated that figure, taking it back home.
Seems the 25% torque increase is true, then.

One of mine has the first gen. Brabus D6 tuning box fitted.
The seller claimed he recently got 50 mpg, taking it easy on the M6 and M1, Blackpool to London.
I took this with a large pinch of salt but duplicated that figure, taking it back home.
Seems the 25% torque increase is true, then.

I don't have a Brabus D box...my best was 57.2 mpg over 87 miles.

I get 49-51 every day from my w211 estate 320cdi its a 75 mile run each way, mostly A roads with last half hour on B roads. Cruise set to 65 and she does the rest.

Very very happy with it at 175k miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom