W210 E320cdi - wont rev over 2800, and no kickdown suddenly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoog

Car
clio cup, e300 td
Started playing up this afternoon - any ideas on the diagnosis. Same prob on auto or tiptronic selection - just gutless and no revs available......

really pissed off, had it less than 2 weeks and thsill be the second trip back to the Stealership already.

thanks

Adrian

I don't want to scare you, but try searching on the forum for "kickdown" and things like mass airflow sensor :(

EDIT:

also, wrong section!! Moving...

Last edited:
Mass airflow sensor it was - replaced on my drive by the Merc mobile technician for £40.

Not so bad after all.

Hi
I have same problem, but it only occures once it's been running for about 4 miles. It goes from "loads of torque" to wimpy without warning. Luckely it hasn't happened when I've been overtaking anyone. Has there been any re-occurance? Did the "check engine" light come on?

zoog said:
Mass airflow sensor it was - replaced on my drive by the Merc mobile technician for £40.

Not so bad after all.

That's cheap!

My work collegue got a Mass airflow sensor replace on his VW golf and that was in the region of £350!

This is definitely the MAF sensor ( Mass Air Flow). It is located on the air inlet adjacent to the airfilter . You can get a cheap replacement from a motor factors made by Pierburg for under £50. ( see my last post on S320Cdi Smoke item on this section of the forum)

peterfau said:
This is definitely the MAF sensor ( Mass Air Flow). It is located on the air inlet adjacent to the airfilter . You can get a cheap replacement from a motor factors made by Pierburg for under £50. ( see my last post on S320Cdi Smoke item on this section of the forum)

Or you can buy the OEM part from the dealer for £44. This sensor also works well on VW TDi engines and is more reliable than the Bosch unit.

Other Threads

Suggest you look at the thread titled "No power E320 CDI" as this seems to be a conitnuing theme. I had the sensor replaced I think but it did not cure the problem so my 270CDI is booked in again. I have the problem after a long journey, about 160 miles.

Just had mine done by the main dealer, now perfect. Unfortunately cost £160 and they replaced the air filter at the same time. Cheaper than gearbox solenoid, turbo etc I guess... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom