W210 E36 facts? How to find them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vinylwasp

Car
1997 W210 AMG E36
Hi guys, can anyone here give me some advice regarding how to get information from Mercedes/AMG about the W210 E36?

I know the story about the AMG/Mercedes partnership in 1992 that lead to the W202 C36 being sold by MB, so I assume that when the W210 was released in 1995, they figured 'lets give it the same bespoke AMG treatment' where they trucked them to AMG, stripped them down and gave them the full AMG treatment, and then sold them through MB dealers.

Of course the deal that had been struck lead to Mercedes becoming the major shareholder in AMG and in 1998 they moved AMG production in house. From that point onwards AMGs weren't so bespoke or hand built anymore.

I've just boughthttp://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44969 a W210 E36 and what I'd like to know is how many were made each year 95-97 and where they were shipped to, i.e number per country.

I've heard 400 total and 180 to the UK, but I'd really like to get a definitive answer, as I suspect that isn't right.

Any ideas how to go about asking Mercedes/AMG?

This is the information I got from AMG on the C36

They may be able to help you on the E36

Thank you for your kind inquiry .
Please be informed that in total about 320 units of the C36 were made for the U.K. maket .

We can not trace from those files which do still exist, how many units were manufactured in this colour .
We hope we have been of service to you with this information and remain

with kind regards

Volker Nieweg
Verkauf / Sales
Mercedes-AMG GmbH
W601-MS/PS
Daimlerstrasse 1
71563 Affalterbach/Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom