W210 e55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pittsey

Car
2009 C-Class Saloon
MERCEDES E55 AMG RARE FACELIFT MODEL | eBay

I've been looking religiously for a facelift E55 on ebay. This is the first decent one to catch my eye, although I am probably not in the position to buy it at the moment. I need to finish some renovations on my house and free up my garage. Would obviously need an inspection for rust, but from the pictures looks pretty clean.

If it stays cheap could be a worhtwhile proposition....

Looks like 10 bags worth from a few feet away with that private reg......

10 bags worth? Is that good or bad?

Seller states 'slight vibration from rear possibly diff oil needs topping up'

No dear that would make the diff whine :doh:

is it a private or a trade sale, ebay seller details are Redhill car and van sales.

The spare wheel well was probably not big enough. You can only get about a 60 litre tank to sit flush and as you can only get 45 litres in a 60 litre tank plus the 15 % loss in fuel economy I dont think it would go very far on a tank. The tank on that car looks mahoosive which is what you need on a V8

Pittsey said:
I didn't see that bit. I would never buy an LPG conversion vehicle. I've never seen one that works well...

Very happy with my v8 disco, perhaps because it is the relatively simple rover 3.9 that means less issues. The amg engine is a different level of complexity.

I have had v8 jeeps, ML500, smart and a C36. Only one issue with the 2nd jeep.

My range rover was destroyed by its very high end lpg conversion which cost £3k. Never again. (Installed by previous owner)
However those Rover v8's are 60's design so maybe Merc engine much more able to deal with it.
Personally i dont need LPG ... It just happened to be on the RR ... Now avoiding like the plague.

Car is at £1750 (Reserve not met). 25 hours left.

I never understand why ebay sellers are reluctant to disclose the reserve. Either you are prepared to sell at that price, or you aren't....!

I guess they feel people will hesitate to pay more than the reserve if they know it?
It is funny though ... Generally cars have a value that is fairly easy to work out unless its something unusual. So its much more sensible to advertise at this price or slightly above and take offers against that. You can gauge interest easier and if priced right sell it quicker.
I think people try it on thinking if listed long enough someone will come along and offer thousands more or something.
I have bid on a car three times now ... Its been listed four times on ebay now and acheived 3,000, 3,100 and 3,080 ... Each time reserve not met. Its on again ... Any guess what it will sell for this time? Wake up ... Its worth three grand! :)

I always sell "no reserve", and it makes what it's actually worth; i.e. what somebody is prepared to pay for it. It's always a disappointment... but at least it's gone, which is the object of the exercise.

I always sell "no reserve", and it makes what it's actually worth; i.e. what somebody is prepared to pay for it. It's always a disappointment... but at least it's gone, which is the object of the exercise.

I do the same.

1 hour left. Reserve still not met. I'll be surprised if it meets 3K. I would be happy to pay around 2.5K. :)

£2,250.00

Reserve not met

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom