W210 E55 estate rescue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popuptoaster

Car
2000 E55 AMG Estate
Hi guys, i have a rusty W210 E55 estate, I knew it was rusty when i bought it and it was cheap but I wanted to gas about in it for a bit before stripping it for parts to fit to a W202, have driven it daily for over three years and it's been fine until a rear levelling strut has come away at the top due to rot underneath, this was like a month after I had to have a new front upper spring mount welded on. I realise these are reasonably rare although still not worth much money so I thought I'd mention it on here, it's high mileage but was one owner for 16 years so has a big folder or paperwork with it.

If anyone has a rusty (or crashed?) saloon W210 E55 they want to swap for it feel free to contact me, i only need the mechanical parts required to create a DIY C55, I'm quite happy to strip any car for parts if I need them and it's not like these are particularly desirable but before people start moaning when i start posting pics I thought I'd make the offer. :D

My estate is not to far gone to fix and all the parts are there but it needs a full resto which by the time you include a full respray would cost about the same as buying a good one at the moment so it's never going to be a money maker but if someone wants to stash it away and save it then it doesn't matter to me if I use a saloon or estate as a donor, I believe there were 12000 saloons and only 1700 estates so as i just found a W202 i want to use it's going to be time to strip it for parts soon.

Don't forget to add photos when you make the build for a do it yourself C55AMG! :rock::cool:

How is the W202 C43 you bought?
Rusty or in good shape?

Don't forget to add photos when you make the build for a do it yourself C55AMG! :rock::cool:

How is the W202 C43 you bought?
Rusty or in good shape?
It's not a C43, just a C240 so I wont be putting any of the AMG badges or numbers on it.

Yeah, other than the wheels and lowering it it should look fairly stock I hope.

How you going to make the ECU from the C240 work with the 5,4L engine?
C43 ECU works well with 5,4L engine, but the C240 I don't know?

I'm going to use the E55 computer, if it doesn't work I can swap the whole loom over if I have to but I suspect it won't need that much, I have a W202 with the smart key so might have to swap the ignition and some bits.

It'll be fine, it can't be that difficult to sort out but there's always after market management if needed.

I wish you the best of luck with your project. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom