W210 e55 Piston Replacement

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Meffy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Meffy

Meffy New Member

Car:
    Cl500
    Hey guys..

Hoping someone can help me here. I have a 98 w210 e55 amg which suffered overheating and engine failure. I've had the both head re-skimmed and the valves re-seated. The gaskets were all replaced with merc genuine parts... Engine started for only a few minutes when a cranking noise occurred from passenger side head forcing the engine to cut out.

We now found the valve has snapped causing minor scuffs to head but also one of the pistons damaged.

Im now trying to find a replacement piston as Mercedes are asking £525 for a single piston with trade discount! Don't even start with a replacement head as itsike rocking horse **** and Mercedes wants 12k...yes 12k just for the head.

Car ran perfect prior to this and comes in a rare metallic green which looks to good to just keep off the road

Please can anyone point me in the right direction for this part?

Thanks

2. Alex

Alex Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55
    As far as I know those pistons are NLA. Apart from quoting the price, I'd check if MB can actually supply them.

You can send your (or any 2nd hand) piston to one of many piston manufacturers and get them to make it for you. There may be a MOQ or they can make a sample - depends on the mfr. Typical price for a set of 8 will be in range of £1500-2000.

3. Cozy

Cozy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63
  4. OP
    OP
    Meffy

Meffy New Member

Car:
    Cl500
    Thanks Alex I'll look into that but it is quite a pricey option to go with so may leave it as a last resort.. Thanks anyway pal.

5. a111r

a111r Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S123 240TD, S210 320cdi, S202 250TD.
  6. alabbasi

alabbasi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

You probably want to get a used Engine

Will likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Meffy

Meffy New Member

Car:
    Cl500
    Difficult to find a w210 e55 engine or head... Some guys said the next generation e55 may fit or c63 but again it's a more expensive option.. Taking into consideration the value of this car