W210 e55 seat wires?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chriselias272

Car
E55 w210 amg
Hi all.

I'm new to this site and really I'm need of a bit of help from some electrically minded people.

I have some amg w210 e55 electric seats that I want to wire into a car without any of the loom.

I am prepared to do away with the sensors like occupancy and seatbelt detectors.

And know how to hook the heated bits up.

But would I be right in then thinking I need to just connect up the earth and power cables (the thick ones) to an earth point and ignition live and then connect the seat control units?

I'm getting confused because the drivers seat has a load more wires on the main connector block than the passenger side. Why is this?

I don't have the donor car to trace the cables into the rest of the car :-(

Hope you can help.

The drivers seat could have more functions than the passenger seat. This often happened where the driver had a full memory seat but the passenger only had the standard seat.

You need to make a new high capacity feed from the rear fusebox. It new terminals and a (30A?) fuse and some decent cabling.

It sounds like these are memory seats. Do you have the controller and door switches?

Thanks for the replies. The seats are out of an a 2001 AMG e55 so both are memory seats with full electric but no evidence of ventilation.

I have ordered the door card control
Modules from eBay but understand that these need a constant live and ignition (or door open) live that then sent a digital signal to the control
Boxes under the seats. Through two very small gauge brown cable?

Else, agree.. 30amp supply to the seat for the heating, and probably another independent 30amp supply to the other fat cables, and the a good earth (the fat brown cable?)

But I don't get why the drivers seat has 8 more cables than the passenger. The passenger has the same amount of motors after all.

Hmmm.

Replied much appreciated though. Lovely
Seats so would
Love to get them
Working properly .

Are the additional wires for heaters that maybe the passenger seat hasn't got for some reason?

it may be worth posting up pictures of the underside of the seats and the electrical connectors then we may be able to work it out. I have a spare W208 electric seat loom which may provide some of the bits you need. If you have the VIN of the car the seats came from somebody will be able to look up what the car was fitted with and that may be of use too.

Shouldn't the control box reside under the drivers seat?

Wow. Thanks so much for the response to this question. Really appreciated.

Good suggestion about me taking a photo. I will do and post it up so you can see the connectors I have.

Logic is saying I need to identify only the wires that are common to both seats as they should both have the same level of movement (they have the same mechanical structure) so the only thing that should logically be different are things like the occupancy sensor.

Will post some pics up later.

Thanks once again.

Yellow is the occupancy sensor, Red is the pre-tensioner

Comfort seats adjustment?

That gives length adjustment. Upper and lower lumber. shoulder...

2 wires = 8?

It's all air adjusted so not sure on this at all.

The passenger seat base has these plugs.

From right to left are...

Heated seat - I know this because I've read on here that the heated seat wires split on the rear of the plug into two, one for the seat pad and the other for the back pad.

Then the seatbelt holder switch. Presumably to nag you about putting the seatbelt on if you haven't . I know this because I've traced the wire to the seat buckle holder.

Then the occupancy sensor. The yellow one. Because the drivers seat doesn't have this one. And it was mentioned earlier on this thread.

The big fat multi connector. 2 power cables, 1 brown earth (probably) and 2 very thin wires in a figure 8 (like speaker cable).

And that's it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 18
Now the drivers seat.

From left to right.

Heated seat, same as passenger.

Seatbelt buckle switch. Same as passenger

No yellow occupancy sensor

Fat multiplug. Same wires as the passenger (earth, 2 fat cables, 2 thin speaker cable type cable) but then 8 additional ones!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Driver seat cables.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 12
Hope this makes a bit more sense now.

I'm Getting rid of all sensors (occupancy and seatbelt) leaving me with only heated seats which I'll sort out on a separate relay.

And then that will just leave the fat multiplugs which have the same core wires, and then a difference of 8 additional ones on the drivers side.

Hmmmmn.

These extra wires could be for the steering wheel adjustment

Ahh of course.

Good suggestion about the lumbar support etc but where would the switches for this be?

But the steering wheel makes sense because the seat control module would receive the data signal from the switch box via the brown data (figure 8 style speaker wire type cable). Then relay the steering wheel commands to the steering wheel.

Up = 2
Down (rev pol) = 2
In = 2
Out (rev pol) = 2

Make sense?

Does to me...

There would only need to be 4 wires to function the two motors for the steering wheel adjustment .
I wonder if the other 4 cables are for adjusting the drivers door mirror ?
Why not connect the known wires , the power supply to the seat and door modules and the CAN lines between both .
With these connected check that all seat movements function and then check out puts on these 8 extra cables

That sounds like a plan shorty.

Thanks for the help.

Just to check. There isn't any air bags in them are there?

Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom