W210 E55 side skirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IRISH E55

Car
2001 e55 amg
AM looking to know how to remove the lower side skirt/sills on a 2001 E55 AMG Thanks

Last edited:
If they are the same as a nurmal w210, they are held on by plastic clips and maybe a couple of screws on the ends. Grip them underneath and pull gently, the clips can be brittle.

I have an E55 and I've done this job. Under the car is a load of small self tapping bolts like 8mm in size if memory serves. Then on top, open both doors, looking down at the top of the side skirt notice there is an inset strip running an the way down the top of the side skirts in the door shuts. This is actually thick vinyl stuck on. gently peel this up. This will reveal that the top surface is held to the car by a load of No2 phillips screws. Take all of these out and you can, with care of the front and the rear of the skirt, where the are little tabs holing the skirt on, remove the side skirts. If you were careful enough with the vinyl strip you can just put it back on when you refit

Yeah cheers I got them off the other day fairly straight forward in the end but every clip bar one broke...... €60 worth of clips to refit them!!!!!

I was pleasantly surprised with what I found underneath, only 3 clip holes on one side and 2 on the other had any sign of rust so that wasn't too bad at all

The only 2 notable spots of rust were when it

I removed the 2 lower rubber jack pads looks like they weren't allowing water to escape once on so the 2 areas around this had some surface rust but nothing to worry about
Have them a good grind down back to metal then 3 good heavy coats of zinc plus primer and 2 coats of 744 silver and 2 nice coats of 2pack lacquer!!! Delighted with my first bit of rust repair

Yeah nice one. I had to weld up My OSF jacking point as I didn't notice the corrosion early enough. So well done getting there in time to nip it in the bud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom