W210 E55 smaller wheels that fit over the brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popuptoaster

Car
2000 E55 AMG Estate
Anyone know if I can get a 15 or 16" rim on my estate car? For fitting winter tyres, will be moving out where they don't grit the roads and I drive a truck so will be on the way to work on fresh ice and snow at 4am if we get any. :S

I think you’d struggle to clear the front brakes with anything less than a 17”.

What size is the spare on yours?

Spare is an 18 I think, i'll check tomorrow, even a 17 may make life a little easier, although might end up cheaper just buying a 500 quid 4x4. ;)

Subaru Legacy - they can be bought very cheaply, 4x4 estate, tough as old boots.

Probably 17 inch wheels from a late model w210 or R129.

Don't drive a w210 in the snow. Nothing good can come of it.

The problem with a £500 4X4, is that it will probably have £500 tax.
That being said, my guess is that it would still be the best option, so long as you're prepared to do most of the spanner work yourself.
Preserve your "favourite" for the better weather.

Your handbook or tyre pressure sticker should give you the correct size for winter.
It will probably be marked "M+S". A £500 4x4 will most likely have ditchfinders on it and you will be no better off.

winter tyres are available same size as my summer ones so that's not an issue, but smaller wheels means more choice and a much better prices.

The problem with a £500 4X4, is that it will probably have £500 tax.

How so? A £500 4x4 will definitely be registered before 23rd March 2006 so will capped at £315. Regardless of emissions.

Not all 4x4s are in the high tax bands anyway, plenty available with small engines although i may have a new plan anyway.

May just ring work if it's to slippery to drive in and say it's obviously to slippery to go out in my lorry. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom