W210 E55 spark plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenmac

Car
2003 S500L Bright Silver 744
Morning
Can anyone recommend which plugs to use as all popular brands Bosch, NGK & Beru list them for it.
I'm assuming that Bosch would've been standard fitment.
Thanks
Ken

Hi,
I just used Bosch plugs bought from Eurocarparts when I replaced mine in my 43 and my 55 engines. This was from a recommendation from an Indy on here.

As I understand it the factory used to use Bosch but later moved over to NGK, certainly on the 55K.

Hi,
I just used Bosch plugs bought from Eurocarparts when I replaced mine in my 43 and my 55 engines. This was from a recommendation from an Indy on here.

Thanks for recomendations, I will order it
g.png

Might be of interest, but I went to buy a set of MB plugs for the 55 engine and they were Champion plugs in the MB box.

do platinum plugs NGK PFR-5R-11 work well on both c43 and e55 engines?
MB recommends service intervall every 40000km's changing plugs

Are denso twin tips any good ?
And off topic can I ask you guys who runs 55 engines if your engines are a bit shake on idling?
I have two w208 clk55s and on both of them the engine on idling shakes a little bit changed the engine and gearbox mounts,MAF,spark plugs, air filters and cleaned the TB.
The only thing I didn't touch the EGR valve can that one be a problem?
Thanks

my clk430 shakes a bit, yet my c43 does not

2 clk 55's ?? wow !!! lol

Are denso twin tips any good ?
And off topic can I ask you guys who runs 55 engines if your engines are a bit shake on idling?
I have two w208 clk55s and on both of them the engine on idling shakes a little bit changed the engine and gearbox mounts,MAF,spark plugs, air filters and cleaned the TB.
The only thing I didn't touch the EGR valve can that one be a problem?
Thanks

Yep , mine the same! Stumbles quite a bit in Neutral or park, though in "D" sitting in traffic is fine. Most M113s do this, so I'm told. :confused:,and replacing the plug wires should cure it apparently. Be interesting if anyone has done this or cured this little niggle ?

bing said:
Yep , mine the same! Stumbles quite a bit in Neutral or park, though in "D" sitting in traffic is fine. Most M113s do this, so I'm told. :confused:,and replacing the plug wires should cure it apparently. Be interesting if anyone has done this or cured this little niggle ?
I was thinking deleting the EGR valve would help a bit I will try to replace the plug wires on next service and will see if that helps

Lenny63 said:
my clk430 shakes a bit, yet my c43 does not 2 clk 55's ?? wow !!! lol
Two because I had an accident on the first one after I done a lot to it and the accident happened on the day when I got the cat guts out removed the middle box out the exhaust garage on the way home on the traffic light on a 40mph road with no brakes at all one hit me in the back
The insurance paid out and I bought another one and kept the old one as the insurance company priced it just under £400
When there are just parts that I put on that car more than that ))))

maybe you could sell me a back box and a seat motor :D ?

Thread ressurection...

How much is a reasonable price for an indy to charge for a spark plug change for a W210 E55?

Prices can be for labour only or parts and labour?

Just gauging up as I just havent got a clue....

Thanks in advance...

Indy guy near me is charging me £150 for changing the sparkplugs, oil and filter and air filter. I am buying the bits. £150 is for labour only. I have an ML55 AMG 2002.
BTW, I've been driving this for nearly 3 years now and there are no shakes, hiccups, farts, nothing. Bit thirsty but what the hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom