W210 e55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
On AT, I would say price is a bit high however seen older cars for more!

Facelift and with heated rear seats which I have not seen on a W210

Mercedes-Benz E Class 5.4 E55 AMG 4dr

Another thing I've never heard of on a W210 is a heated front screen, but it would be very nice to have.

Ace colour. The Designo interior is a Marmite feature.

Foul wheels.

Mine has the heated front screen, but heated rear seats are quite rare! The wheels look ridiculous in my opinion but each to his own!

The pics are not great so not clear how good the paint is, also no indication what has been done in the last 6 years since MB servicing!

Looks fab in black and could be a great car if the the history and condition is there! Despite it being the later model if it needs work the high mileage would certainly devalue it a little in my opinion! :confused:

Nice E55 extra's

Mine has the heated front screen
I am a sucker for all the extra's on a model, my E55 S210 pre-facelift has everything (I think available when it was build). Can I just clarify, the heated front screen is just a button and function on the climate control panel, it does not entail e.g. invisible wires in you front wind screen e.g. Ford ? Cold seats in the back never existed, but lovely to have hot and cold in the front (Love the red/blue light strips). Most unique is the ability in levelling the rear and front suspension, never experienced it in real live, but presume like normal / sport setting. The only extra missing is a rear roller blind arggg nearly perfect. Would I pay that price: YES -/- a bit of haggling, although those shoes have to go, MOT history advisory: "nearside front wheel is touching the wishbone on full turning to the right".

Correct, the w210 did not have a heated screen option...but does have a defrost button which uses air from the hvac.

This car has been for sale for a long time , saw this for sale last year , different trader maybe , wheels are awful

I stand corrected, mine has the heated front windscreen button!

This car needs a lot to be done guys
It's was on sale here few years back I was interested in it.
Arranged a viewing and on inspection looked like it needed some welding,engine mounts, front passenger side strut was leaking as the suspension is self stiffening and the gasket between engine and gearbox was leaking.
Also some rust on wings bonnet and quarters

Yeah that car used to belong to a member me thinks.
I remember the wheels

Hi Pathewolf, that is one good looking E55 you have, and you seem to have the stiffening suspension, can I ask if it makes a difference and do you like it ?

Thanks, bought the car in Dec so still have plenty of work to do before its back to its best! ;) Not sure if mine has the stiffening suspension, its my first W210 so have nothing to compare it to! Having the lenses polished on Thursday so will ask my mechanic :confused:

I wouldn't bother polishing the lenses as unless clear coated, it'll haze over again fairly quickly. I replaced them as I got tired of giving it a weekly coat of "wax" after a wash. Had a genuine pair fitted which not only looked great, but light output was greatly improved.

W210 E55 stiffening suspension

Thanks, bought the car in Dec so still have plenty of work to do before its back to its best! ;) Not sure if mine has the stiffening suspension, its my first W210 so have nothing to compare it to! Having the lenses polished on Thursday so will ask my mechanic :confused:
Sorry mate, I am talking rubbish now. I had a quick look at your gallery, and I was mistaken myself by thinking the ESP button was the suspension one. The stiffening button is on the right site of the middle console, before the electric window switches, and very rare on E55's. I think you can not even get it on estates, and/or I have never seen one. I presume it works the same as the self-levelling rear suspension, but then also on the front, and you can set the stiffness. Maybe I should get out more and test drive one LOL but one thing I definitely would like to see happen is a meeting of W210 E55's in the UK, and I would even travel to Europe for that :p;):cool: Good luck with your lenses being polished, I did my ones myself with two different products, it looked better afterwards, but as coalville126 says, it disappears quickly later on and it was very messy. I am going to try the new Autoglym set next :thumb:

Sorry mate, I am talking rubbish now. I had a quick look at your gallery, and I was mistaken myself by thinking the ESP button was the suspension one. The stiffening button is on the right site of the middle console, before the electric window switches, and very rare on E55's. I think you can not even get it on estates, and/or I have never seen one. I presume it works the same as the self-levelling rear suspension, but then also on the front, and you can set the stiffness. Maybe I should get out more and test drive one LOL but one thing I definitely would like to see happen is a meeting of W210 E55's in the UK, and I would even travel to Europe for that :p;):cool: Good luck with your lenses being polished, I did my ones myself with two different products, it looked better afterwards, but as coalville126 says, it disappears quickly later on and it was very messy. I am going to try the new Autoglym set next :thumb:

My pre-facelift W210 E55 has the Adaptive Damping System:

ZeE49vDG

I agree that very few of these cars seem to have it.

Good luck with your lenses being polished, I did my ones myself with two different products, it looked better afterwards, but as coalville126 says, it disappears quickly later on and it was very messy. I am going to try the new Autoglym set next :thumb:[/QUOTE]
About the polishing the lenses guys if you put a bit more time and effort in it and do it properly it will stay clear for long.
I did mine few years back now and still clean and shine.
Check on my posts I think I put a post about how I did it going through the steps.
And wish you the very best luck

Adaptive Damping System button

My pre-facelift W210 E55 has the Adaptive Damping System:

ZeE49vDG

I agree that very few of these cars seem to have it.
Thanks a lot roger574, great showing your middle console. Just found the thread on here from the past: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres-brakes-suspension/1152-adaptive-suspension.html and can I ask Roger, as forum member mapleleaf describes it: "Try a run along a long winding and perhaps sligtly undulating country road as fast as conditions allow with ths ADS off ie normal mode. Then do it again with it on - you will definately notice how much tighter the car feels - a bit crashier as the suspension is firmed up but its great fun! That model is as steady as a rock and feel thru the steering is just right. I've got the pre tiptronic model & just love it. What a car! enjoy!"

Is that the feeling you get ? Sounds great ! Also interested in the technology behind it, is it just connected to the power steering system as the self-levelling rear suspension with similar shocks absorbers on the front as on the back ?

I am looking for my 2nd Merc and thinking of a W140 with ADS :crazy:

Not thinking of replacing headlights yet, so I will check with my mechanic in regards the clear coat and take it from there! They did my 2003 CLK, admittedly it was 3 years younger but they came out fab ;)

Thanks a lot roger574, great showing your middle console. Just found the thread on here from the past: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres-brakes-suspension/1152-adaptive-suspension.html and can I ask Roger, as forum member mapleleaf describes it: "Try a run along a long winding and perhaps sligtly undulating country road as fast as conditions allow with ths ADS off ie normal mode. Then do it again with it on - you will definately notice how much tighter the car feels - a bit crashier as the suspension is firmed up but its great fun! That model is as steady as a rock and feel thru the steering is just right. I've got the pre tiptronic model & just love it. What a car! enjoy!"

Is that the feeling you get ? Sounds great ! Also interested in the technology behind it, is it just connected to the power steering system as the self-levelling rear suspension with similar shocks absorbers on the front as on the back ?

I am looking for my 2nd Merc and thinking of a W140 with ADS :crazy:

I'm not sure how it differs from standard suspension - I'm pretty sure it's a different setup from Airmatic suspension - but ADS definitely sharpens the handling without making it uncomfortably firm. It really makes the car feel planted on the road.

My perception is that the throttle response is a bit sharper with the ADS turned on. It may be my imagination but the exhaust note seems a bit sportier too when it's activated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom