W210 Estate facelift - towing electircs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Can someone tell me where about the wiring comes inside the vehicle :?:

12N socket (with bypass relay)- where's the best place to splice into the lights

12S Socket (with auto split charge relay) - I was going to use fuse 12, as that is labelled up for trailer power supply, for the relay (fridge/battery). But pin 4 is for a power feed - would this be best to take from a seperate fused feed (one of the ones that aren't used)

Your advice would be most welcome

I removed my tow bar elecs a few weels ago and all wiring was joined into rear lamp loom with some fancy relay i assume to stop the lamp malfunction coming on.

Real quality job scotch locks everywhere really impressed not:rolleyes:

This was for the std socket not the s socket.

Ps they had threaded the cable through the drivers side well through the rubber flaps that allow air flow out of the car, but doing it this way also allowed water into the car.

I had the bumper off and think i saw a blanking grommet on the passenger side, but anywhere would do so long as its properly sealed.

Lynall

Last edited:
Cheers.

The connection issue is what is concerning me. I don't like the scotchlocks and would normally cut the wires and then use inline connectors that are heat sealed as well, but I am affraid of upsetting the bulb failure system.

Anyone got a suggestion on the best way to connect the trailer wires into the existing car light wiring.

Cheers.

The connection issue is what is concerning me. I don't like the scotchlocks and would normally cut the wires and then use inline connectors that are heat sealed as well, but I am affraid of upsetting the bulb failure system.

Anyone got a suggestion on the best way to connect the trailer wires into the existing car light wiring.

MB do a harness that simply plugs into the rear light sockets on some models.

Might be worth a quick enquiry at your local MB parts dept?

Thanks

I did make enquiries sometime back and was told that it comes as a complete kit with towbar and the price was a lot of £££££

Got Malcolm (Television) on other forum checking on something for me in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom