w210 estate rear door noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2117kh

Car
r107 350sl
Hi All

I have , as they probably all do, self closing mechanism in rear door of my estate.
When you close it should it sounds like somethings fell off?...it works okay but sounds awful...no mercedes clunk here, more of a clank..difficult to describe exactly but it happens every time

any ideas?

I have to admit that mine is a W211 but that does not sound good to me. Has it just started doing it or is it something you have suffered for a while?

re back door

Hi
I have had the car since january and it has always done it..sounds like something has fallen off when you shut the door, like a plunger...works okay but its like there should be a buffer or something for the mechanism to strike if thats what it does..I really dont want to take it apart unless there is a known cure because that tailgate panel is a b###ch to get back on again. This is from experience after repalcing washer pipe a couple of times.

thanks for your interest kh

Hi All

I have , as they probably all do, self closing mechanism in rear door of my estate.
When you close it should it sounds like somethings fell off?...it works okay but sounds awful...no mercedes clunk here, more of a clank..difficult to describe exactly but it happens every time

any ideas?

Mine reminds of the sound you use to hear when you put a video tape into the machine but it works fine

See post 2...it's normal. I've had 2, they both sounded the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom