W210 Facelift comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWY 666

Car
W221 350CDi
Can anyone tell me if this comand unit is a CAN BUS model, and would it be compatible to retrofit in a facelift W210?

2.0 DX
A210 820 36 89

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if this comand unit is a CAN BUS model, and would it be compatible to retrofit in a facelift W210?

2.0 DX
A210 820 36 89

Thanks

Its a very early one so unlikely to be a CANBUS one.

You should get one of the following two part numbers;

A210 820 54 89
A210 820 56 89

Forget anything else. These two are the last of the A210 units and the most reliable of them also.

Alfie,

Thanks, is there anyway to be able to identify if it`s CAN BUS or not or do the codes confirm this?

Last edited:
Not externally no, there is no canbus identification. The two i've listed are both CANBUS.

Have ordered a A210 820 56 89.
I test fitted a A210 820 48 89 in the meanwhile but is questionable if the 48 89 is can bus or not. Some threads on here indicate it`s not and others say it is.
Would the steering wheel and cluster controls operate if it were non can bus?

Have ordered a A210 820 56 89.
I test fitted a A210 820 48 89 in the meanwhile but is questionable if the 48 89 is can bus or not. Some threads on here indicate it`s not and others say it is.
Would the steering wheel and cluster controls operate if it were non can bus?

Some 48 89 units are canbus some aren't. The way to tell is if the volume rises and falls with the steering wheel buttons when its all connected up then yes its canbus.

You are best off with a 54 89 or a 56 89, you really are. the 56 89 will have MY01 already on it.

Thanks Alfie,

Yes, the controls on the steering wheel do operate with the 48 89.
Now that you have confirmed this is a way of identifying it is a can bus unit, I can state this fact when I come to sell it after I install the 56 89.
appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Its a very early one so unlikely to be a CANBUS one.

You should get one of the following two part numbers;

A210 820 54 89
A210 820 56 89

Forget anything else. These two are the last of the A210 units and the most reliable of them also.

I've been thinking of getting command and assume i have CANBUS but my cars pre-facelift - what would be the best unit that would suit my car MY99?
Also, any ideas on total cost of parts and someone in central scotland that would install?

I've been thinking of getting command and assume i have CANBUS but my cars pre-facelift - what would be the best unit that would suit my car MY99?
Also, any ideas on total cost of parts and someone in central scotland that would install?

For your car (pre facelift without steering wheel controls) the best unit and the most easily installed is the ML one A163 820 36 89

Send a PM to AlexSpeedybiker, he installs in Scotland.

For your car (pre facelift without steering wheel controls) the best unit and the most easily installed is the ML one A163 820 36 89

Send a PM to AlexSpeedybiker, he installs in Scotland.

Tks Alfie
Cant find member 'AlexSpeedybiker' on the system :confused: - could any one post up alink please

Found him - Speedybiker

Last edited:
Hi,

I have been given a Command 2.0 part number A210 820 54 89 by my father in law. I have an E280T. Could any one recommend anyone in the North Wales\ Chester area who could fit it. I presume that I will need a new facia and possibly a bracket for it to fit into the console area, will I need anything else? Do you have to buy the bits direct from Mercedes or are they made elsewhere?

I don't understand anything about canbus or whatever but my steering wheel etc has all the bits that operate the computer etc. It is the Audio 10 with a cd changer in the boot.

Any help gratefully received

thanks

Ian

Hi,

I have been given a Command 2.0 part number A210 820 54 89 by my father in law. I have an E280T. Could any one recommend anyone in the North Wales\ Chester area who could fit it. I presume that I will need a new facia and possibly a bracket for it to fit into the console area, will I need anything else? Do you have to buy the bits direct from Mercedes or are they made elsewhere?

I don't understand anything about canbus or whatever but my steering wheel etc has all the bits that operate the computer etc. It is the Audio 10 with a cd changer in the boot.

Any help gratefully received

thanks

Ian

Ian,

Check out Alfies web site www.comandonline.co.uk everything you need is on there if you choose to fit yourself or fancy a drive down South.
Recently fitted one myself and found all the information I needed right here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom