W210 Facelift door mirrors on early model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenmac

Car
2003 S500L Bright Silver 744
I need to fit new wings on my 99 E55 & I've found good wings from a 2002 model which obviously has no holes in the wing for the side repeaters.
What I'd like to know if I can fit the door mirrors with the repeaters in off the same car straight to mine without to much hassle.

Not sure, but I have the door modules, mirrors and wiring available from the facelift 210 I'm breaking.

Facelift mirrors will physically fit the prefacelift car, but you need to change the electrical plug as they are different and you will need to wire the indicator repeater, also worth mentioning is the mirror heaters will be on all the time, as the later cars the mirror is switched on/off via. the CAN and the earlier car's mirror heaters are permanently fed 12V and switched on/off via. a thermostatic switch fitted on the back of the mirror glass.

Are you doing a front end facelift or just the wings as the early & facelift W210 wings are different - not just the side repeater hole.

The whole front end of the face lift is more raked & slightly lower with different bonnet, headlamps, bumper & slam panel.

As above...the 2002 wings will not fit a pre facelift model...in any way.

^^ Indeed, that subtle point just occured to me as well.

There was a pair of O.E. unused pre-facelift wings on ebay recently for an optomistic £300.

New pattern wings are only £47 from carz2.co.uk.

It'll fit fine as long as your bodyshop knows what they're doing - a bit of fettling and get the arches properly rolled to clear the tyres.

OH for #$&€@ sake......yes Coalville I was just going to replace the wings as I thought it was only the bonnet & bumper that had been re modeled. ...cheers that's why forums like this are so good :)

New pattern wings are only £47 from carz2.co.uk.

It'll fit fine as long as your bodyshop knows what they're doing - a bit of fettling and get the arches properly rolled to clear the tyres.

It's very hit and miss with patterns, dimensionally.
One I fitted to a 210 had trailing edge curvature that was way out, relative to the the door, not easy to correct.

Re: poor fit, that's what you'll have to factor in to see if it's cost effective for you when a part costs a fraction of a genuine one from Mercedes.

In this case, a genuine one for an E55 was around £450 when I last enquired. There's always the option of genuine wings for the lesser models at £205. Just get the arches fully rolled.

I only suggested pattern parts as the OP gave the impression he was after a cost effective solution and wasn't a novice in these matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom