W210 Facelift > Full Electric/Momory Passenger Seat Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

datripsta

Car
E320 CDI ( S210 & S211 )
I've done a search on this and only comes up with drivers side retrofit - I already have memory driver seat.

I have access to a donor car which his left hand drive and has an electric drivers seat. I would like to implant this seat as a RHD passenger full electric memory seat. Its a short window of opportunity as the car goes to be crapped on Thursday morning ....

Patient car - W210 E320 CDI Estate 2001 facelift

Donar car - unknown but told its around 2000 :confused:

My questions

1. Is the seat its self the same regardless of being LHD drivers seat or RHD passenger seat.

2. What control boxes and looms do I need ( can I take the control box and loom from donar car. I understand I'll need to find a different control panel for the door card without steering wheel.

3. Is the door card the same regardless of being LHD electric seat control or RHD passenger control.

4. Will I need to program any control modules in Xentry

5. Does any of the above change if the donor car is pre facelift.

May thanks in advance.

Don't know the answers I'm afraid- someone on here should.
Sounds like it should be do-able
My advice would be to grab the seat/module/loom while you can & anything else that might be useful
I would think answers to 1 & 3 would be yes; the same
I wish you success.

thanks - I'll grab what I can

I should note the donor car is W210 just not sure from phone call on year/model.

I retro fitted heated elec mem passenger seat to my clk, it was an easy job. search the forum or threads started by me and you should find it. I cant see why you can't use a seat from a lhd.

1) The left seat is always the left seat but I believe the seat controllers swap over. The controller for the drivers seat in some cases goes across to the where the steering wheel is. In other instances it can be done with software coding.

2) door controllers need coding but then you need memory mirrors.

3) steering column is needed

4) door cards with buttons connect to door modules.

5) Mostly power and canbus is all that is required.

6) left side seat always stays on the left.

thanks guys, I'm keeping the car RHD just looking to make passenger fully electric.

The guy had already got the seats out when I got there and taken the car to the scrappy. He thought the control box is under the seat but I'm not sure, I thought they are under the carpet. There is one there but not sure that's the control module Unfortunately no loom ! :( I have the door cards.

I do have memory mirrors and ergonomic heated/cooled seats. The donor seats are also ergonomic.

Looks like I can take very bottom section of LHD drivers chair off, the section with the motors and transplant onto the existing passenger seat. I'll look to see if I can transplant the headrest motor to existing passenger seat. Might be easier just to put existing cooler into donor seat and bolt on. I need to check out how easy it is to change the covers.

Ill probably have a play around at the weekend, see whats works and what else I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom