W210 fold in mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IRISH E55

Car
2001 e55 amg
I I'm looking for 2 foldin mirrors for my 01 e55 I have retrofitted the system to car from a donor car only to find out that the mirrors must come from a car that has the memory seat function too!!'!!!!!!!!!!!
I will take complete mirrors or just the internal wiring to keep shipping costs down!
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I have friend who breaks the odd car, he is meant to be getting a 2000 facelift model E220CDI **********e which he will be breaking, if it has memory seats I will post back with a price for you.

miro said:
why would that be a problem ? Is it the power connection to the glass motor ?
yes the whole loom and motor is different so the memory function won't work on the mirrors and the p/s doesnt kick down when reverse is engaged for the kerb view

Yes I found all this out the bloody hard way

IRISH E55 said:
yes the whole loom and motor is different so the memory function won't work on the mirrors and the p/s doesnt kick down when reverse is engaged for the kerb view Yes I found all this out the bloody hard way

The left side knockdown is programmable in the cluster. It works even on non-memory cars.

So long as the motors have power they will adjust if the door controller has the correct connection.

miro said:
The left side knockdown is programmable in the cluster. It works even on non-memory cars. So long as the motors have power they will adjust if the door controller has the correct connection.
Yes but I now have power folding mirrors on a car that should have memory mirrors so when I adjust mirrors from switch up is down down is left and up I think........

The left side knockdown is programmable in the cluster. It works even on non-memory cars.

So long as the motors have power they will adjust if the door controller has the correct connection.

The left side mirror cannot be programmed to dip unless the car has memory seats. I know...'cause I have them.

renault12ts said:
The left side mirror cannot be programmed to dip unless the car has memory seats. I know...'cause I have them.
no didn't think it could, and certainly not through the cluster

Hi,
Do the door mirrors adjust to the settings in the memory function then?
If you have your old mirrors you should be able to salvage all the parts you need to modify your new folding mirrors.
Use the looms from your old mirrors in the new mirrors, and add two cables from the plug to the folding motors, you "might" have to swap the adjusting motors too but they are only secured to the frame by three screws.

andy27168 said:
Hi, Do the door mirrors adjust to the settings in the memory function then? If you have your old mirrors you should be able to salvage all the parts you need to modify your new folding mirrors. Use the looms from your old mirrors in the new mirrors, and add two cables from the plug to the folding motors, you "might" have to swap the adjusting motors too but they are only secured to the frame by three screws.
Ha yes that was the plan!!!!!!!! I did strip both mirrors down to nothing and was going to replace the loom and motor from my original mirrors to the new "folding"mirrors only to find the loom in the folding mirror has to be longer due to the extra travel needed in the fold action.......
I'm sure the loom can be lengthened but I just don't have the time to do it

Hi,
So apart from the length of the loom, and the additional two cables for the folding motor, what is the difference between the looms?

andy27168 said:
Hi, So apart from the length of the loom, and the additional two cables for the folding motor, what is the difference between the looms?
The main difference is the loom for the memory mirrors has an 8 pin plug with 7 wires in it where as the standard adjust mirror only has 3

I am not an expert on W210 with CANBUS but I know that I got it to work on every single car I saw between 2001-2010 provided that it has power from the door and is memory enabled in the mirror.

Spiegeleinstellung coding in the cluster is INCLUDED in the memory package but in 99% of cases is adressable on its own WITHOUT memory seats.

I just took at look at the wiring diagram ... it is done over canbus ... therefore it is programmable without seats provided you code the cluster appropriately AND tell the door controllers the mirrors have memory function.

The drivers seat has no physical connection to the mirror.

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Don't bet myself...but would appreciate a headsup if you know how...via the cluster.

If HHT mode lets you open up the version coding then I would enable memory just for the hell of it and see what happens.

Disable column adjust in the user settings. But also enable memory in the door module.

The W203 was the first Mercedes with a vastly improved version coding over OBD. That is when modifications skyrocketed.

The folding mirrors on a w210 use the same door control unit throughout the whole range
and is the same as a w208, so hence you can retrofit !

The Folding mirror function on a 210 doesn't use the door control units at all its just a simple switch circuit that swaps the polarity on the folding mirror motors through
ON-OFF-ON switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom