W210 Folding Door Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
I am looking to replace my 1999 W210 E55 folding door mirrors for those with indicators as per 2000 facelift W210.

Does anyone know if the ones advertised on German ebay can be used with RHD cars?

Has anyone got a set of UK ones in silver for sale?

:)

UK or USA they are all the same.

Do you have autodimming?

if you do then the one from germany will be LH autodimming only.

MBenzNL can hook you up!

As well as the door mirrors, you need painted door handles (about £100) and facelift taillights too (£120ish?) , then your car would be perfect :D

To be perfect it also needs a full set of later mouldings. ;)

Originally posted by V12
To be perfect it also needs a full set of later mouldings. ;)

You mean rear bumper, front bumper, bonnet, headlights, grill, sideskirts and wings too?

Overkill really :)

front bumper facelift is NOT a easy mod !

just need the mirrors and rear lights/handles like Shude suggests,

GO ON! you know you want too.

V12 hook that man up!

Plus get the side repeaters welded out the wings and the wings repainted.

Ohh , and then i suppose you could get the new remote locking key too to really make it look like it , and the new steering wheel , plus the new gearnob in the inside too.

Ohh , and the facelift estate now has LED's above the takegate instead of the normal high level brake lamp which was mounted above the rear window wiper motor.

Depends on how far you want to go ..:bannana:

Hey steady on chaps

I'm almost all spent up with all this comand business! ;)

Just the door mirrors will do & getting rid of the side repeaters.

Koolvin, yes I have auto dimming so am I stuck with UK spec & Uk dealer prices then as I definately appreciate the auto dimming feature
:D

You could get the mirrors from steve, and then just swap the mirror on the Drivers side to autodimming, that way both mirrors become autodimmed...

just dont ask me how much the mirror is, you'll either cry or give up - LOL

Originally posted by Koolvin
You could get the mirrors from steve, and then just swap the mirror on the Drivers side to autodimming, that way both mirrors become autodimmed...

just dont ask me how much the mirror is, you'll either cry or give up - LOL

it's something like £155 +VAT :(

i dont actually like the auto dim mirrors , after driving dads car a few times at night , it gets too dark . I much prefer my pupils to do the dimming to be honnest :rolleyes:

Originally posted by fuzzer
i dont actually like the auto dim mirrors , after driving dads car a few times at night , it gets too dark . I much prefer my pupils to do the dimming to be honnest :rolleyes:

You could cut the two cables that go to the mirrors and put a switch on it...

Steve got some mirrors from ebay, advertised as blinking and folding, when he got them they were only blinking and NON folding, be careful mister!!!

The ML has a small button to do just that on the interior mirror

so if I bought an ML mirror .........Hmmm I wonder :rolleyes:

Originally posted by steve_bcs
The ML has a small button to do just that on the interior mirror

so if I bought an ML mirror .........Hmmm I wonder :rolleyes:

Button to do what? It's the RVM mirror that controls the dimming...

Yup , its the rear view mirror that has the LDR in it .. nuffink on the exterior mirror.

So in theory , if you get the passenger side one from steve in NL that dims and you buy the drivers one you can be dimming in stereo.

Originally posted by Koolvin
Steve got some mirrors from ebay, advertised as blinking and folding, when he got them they were only blinking and NON folding, be careful mister!!!
word...4 sets of folding and blinking mirrors straight from german ebay...NOT A SINGLE MIRROR EVEN WAS FOLDING.

I have a set of oldskool non blinking folding mirrors on my 1993 C250D and added auto dimming glasses to both sides...it is a necessity in life!
Shude has the leftside dimming for sure...I don't know whether he already has the rightside dimming glass though.

If you have memory seats you have to take double care when getting the mirrors, cause you will be needing mirrors with memory motors which have 4 more wires per side...the old and newstyle adjusting motors are different and the wiringloom of the folding mirrors is longer then the non folding mirrors.

ow...if you have a sedan/saloon and want the newstyle black/red taillights, I have those as well.
I do have folding blinking mirrors in silver...but not with memory motors.
I normally change the mirrorconnectors before I ship out mirrors so the mirrors will be an easy plug and play item...which is something ebay sellers don't do...

greetingz,

Originally posted by Shude
Button to do what? It's the RVM mirror that controls the dimming...

Sorry I meant if I got an ML Rear view mirror which has a little button that turns off the auto dim feature to teh RVM and the door mirrors.

Also, My W210 has memory for both fromt seats as does the ML

Thanks for advice & warnings Steve (Mbenznl) & Koolvin.

So, what are the chances of retro-fitting folding mirrors to my W210? Strangely, it is missing that option. It has auto-dimming, but not memory. Do I just need folding mirrors, switch, and dash panel with hole in it for the switch? Can I use the existing mirror glass for dimming?

All advice appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom