w210 front offside side light bulb holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zafarius

I am trying to replace the w210 side light bulb by removing
the bulb holder but it will not come out of the panel.

Does the bulb holder just pull out or is it a bayonet fitting. I have been working on this for 2 hours now and getting nowhere. Unfortunately , the manual just says "pull out bulb holder together with bulb"

Thanks

I never changed my bulbs on my W210 mate but, I would have thought a anti-clock turn would work. Even if it is a straight pull out it will help free it up, if as I suspect it is a bayonet then anti-clock is the answer.

Good luck, let us know when you get it out.

follow up

Thanks for you advise Brian.

Managed to free up the bulb holder using a pliars. Gave it a hard turn anit- clockwise and that did the trick. Poor light stopped play as I still have to refit the plastic cover over the bulbs - this will not be easy due to the confined space I'm having to work in but I'll do this tomorrow.

I have to say that this is the last straw with this car. I am not impressed with just how difficult it is to do basic things like change light bulbs, change glow plugs (major problems costing £500 - 800) , check the battery (take off back seat) etc. It's time to get rid of this heap of sh@t. I will never buy a mercedes again as they are highly over rated, unreliable and extremely difficult to work on.

zafarius said:
I will never buy a mercedes again as they are highly over rated, unreliable and extremely difficult to work on.

I think you will find that most modern cars of other manufacturers fall into the same catagory mate. :crazy:

I've had the opposite feelings. I've been impressed with the thought that has gone into the engineering of my W210. Changing the ligtbulbs has been easier on this than others and indeed removing the entire headlight is only a 15 minute job. Filters etc are relatively easy to get to and even jobs like changing the duovalve are made easier by the design of the parts. Dashboards are also easy to get apart to to change bulbs when you know how.
Glow plugs were done by the local garage for less than £180.

Of course maybe many of these things shouldn't go wrong so often, and the dealers seem to change ridiculous prices for simple things, but so far I'm happy with mine, considering.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom