w210 front washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Usuf_x

Car
E240 Avantagarde Estate
Hey guys I don't seem to see water coming out of my front washers, I thought at 1st thought it may be because of the frozen mornings but this has never been effected in the past.

I can hear the pump working i don't believe its blocked as when i lift the bonnet and then press the washer i can see water dripping/pouring but not squirting with pressure but when the bonnet is down no water is coming out at all?:dk:

The rear washer squirts out fine along with the headlight washers too so not sure if its either a separate pump for the rears and front of if they work off from the same unit.

I will try and pick the washers with a fine needle andsee if that helps but could it be that the pump is on its ways out of gone and needs a placement

any info appreciated

Thanks
usuf

do you have water in the resoviour? :doh:

I have the same problem with the drivers side washer on my car. Iv e tried cleaning it to try to release the water but to no avail. And yes the resoviour is full...

Yes I have water in there. The pump is working but little light no pressure of water coming out

Is there a pipe ... pressed when the bonnet is down? have a look slowly while closing the bonnet and see where the pipe sits...

It might be also the case the rubber gonne soft and perished in places so the cable tie or tape used to hold in places is squeezing it too much!??

Another possilibily is the pump to have sucked debris from the tank...?

Got to the bottom of this and got my fingers dirty... i opened up bonnet and checked the reservoir and everything looked fine all the pipe where ok, no leaking and every things secure... i then took the plastic holdings of the under side of the bonnet and looked into where the pipes were going, so undone the washer holder (snapping the damn plastic holding clips of the washer holder) and saw that the driver side pipe had come undone so i put it back on and voilà all is working as it should.

strange that it had come off by it self i didn't even touch in any way. i didn't bother checking the passenger side one as it was working fine once i hooked up the driver side pipe to the washer (maybe they are linked some way)

i shut the bonnet and retried it and the washer is holding fine, so not sure if i need to change it in the near future, will see if it moves out of place after a few more bonnet closures.

hopes this helps someone who eles who may have the same symptons as mine.

thanks for the input guys

Usuf...it's very common on this car...and it happens when the fluid has been frozen...such that the first attempt to operate the washers blows the pipe off the fitting. I think that it's because the cold pipes cannot grip the way they do when warmer. But, an easy fix when you know what has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom