W210 Fuse Keeps Blowing - any ideas please???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesfdatkins

Car
Mercedes E320 CDI Estate (W210)
Hi, My car is a 2002 E320 CDI Estate, W210 model.
Fuse number 10, a Red 10 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box keeps blowing, leaving me without the horn, trip computer, passenger airbag, radio constant live (well the radio now has to be turned on manually every time I start the car, rather than previously it just came back on if it was left on, and also, when on, it will turn itself off after 30 mins of use - as though you were using the radio without the engine running). The auto dimming rear view mirror may also be protected by this fuse, but am unsure??
When I replace the fuse, everything seems to work for a couple of mins, but then the fuse blows again.
Has anyone experienced anything similar, or is able to suggest a solution please?
Cheers, Jim

you definitely have a short somewhere, process of elimination I'm afraid, or have Star reading done to trace it

I would isolate the radio to start with. It will mean pulling it out to remove the plugs .Then if it is still the same, you will have to do the same on all other items on that fuse isolate each one .Till it stops blowing the fuse . It wil be a trial and error i am afraid .Or take it in to star.

James looking at the chart i found the radio is not on that fuse .Have you the chart to look at .All items run through the ignition switch .So radio may be the problem .I would isolate the radio by pulling the plug on it .

Another look is telling me the fuse for the radio is number 11 [5] what the 5 is for i dont know other than 5 amp ..Pull the fuse 11 if thats the one for the radio on your chart .Better to do that than remove the radio.as some are included in the alarm system

I believe the auto dimming mirror is on the same fuse as the door mirrors.
My door mirror wiring broke down and did a few funny things until I realised and pulled the fuse.

I have 6 items on the fuse but view mirror is not one of the
1 Dome light
2 Auto seat belt
3 Air bag
4 Horn
5 Screen washer
6 Air bag indecator fault light
Is this what you have ..
As the radio is not on them i would make that the first one to isolate .
You say it works funny ,might be that.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and advice. I think I'm going to start by isolating the Radio, and see what happens from there. I'll let you know how thinks go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom