W210 Gremlins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ingham billy

Car
2002 cl 500
Hi everyone .I bought a R reg E320 in feb. The car has done 119,000 miles and the bodywork is in excellent condition.When I bought the car the passenger electric window and mirror did not work,a few weeks ago the heater blower stopped working.This weekend the battery went flat. After charging the battery I went for a drive and the window ,mirror and heater blower all worked again can anybody explain what happened ? Thanks Billy

Low battery voltage, sub 12 v, causes all sorts of elec. gremlins on the 210, and probably others.

If the problems re-occur, then it's a new battery or a check of the alternator.

^^ Agreed

Give it a good charge and on reconnection you will need to turn steering from lock to lock and back to centre to get rid of BAS fault. One touch windows also need resetting

Indeed, likely just a battery on its way out. You are very fortunate to have a W210 with bodywork in good condition! When mine went, it was falling apart...

Thanks all for your replies will keep an eye on the battery maybe I need to use it more ,it only gets a short run every couple of Sundays. Thanks again for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom