W210 Headlight Flasher not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CHRIS STARKEY

Car
E250CDI '12, 300SL '90, E320CDi '01 estate, C250 '96 estate. c180 estate, 300CE24 coupe, 200E estate
Hi, does anyone know where the headlight flasher relay is on a 2001 cdi320 estate?
my flasher doesn't work!
(or any other reasons?)
cheers
Chris

Yes - indicators, wipers & main beam/dim switch all OK - just won't flash.
I don't know if there is a relay in the circuit or not.
I did suspect the stalk as my wifes R129 300SL has the same problem & I am sure it's common for the stalks to go on them - but not W210's ?

Does anyone know where the headlamp flasher relay is?

Have a look in the manual near the back. Im sure it shows where all the fuse and relay boxes are in the car. Common places are in the boot next to the light fittings and under the bonnet.

Some of the relays are located behind the fuse box. Remove the fuse box lid and unscrew the pozi drive screws holding the frame down. This will give you access to most of the relays.

Thanks both for that - does anyone know which relay it is?

Sometimes there is a diagram of the layout of the relays and fuses shown on the underside of the lid of the box. If not check the manual for that aswell.

Does anyone know of a workshop manual for the W210?
Haynes don't seem to do one.

I meant check the cars user manual if youve misunderstood my last post lol.

When i phoned my local dealership they told me that they couldnt give me a copy of a wiring diagram for the stereo as it would infringe their copyright laws, so i dont know if thats why there maybe isnt a haynes manual available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom