W210 Headrest Motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Evenin' all. The driver's side front headrest motor on my '98 W210 is not operating, though I can hear the relay clicking when I move the switch. Is this more likely to be the motor or a failed connection, does anyone know?

Secondly, are the pre-facelift W210 headrest motors all the same (I do not have EPC)? There are some on 't Bay of cheap & cheerful, but mostly for the rear.

Thirdly, it will probably take me longer to find it on WIS than to do the job, so can anyone tell me if it is a quick or a time-consuming task? Please help.

E55BOF

Nobody knows, huh? Guess I'll just leave it until I get a round toit (in about 2055, on current trends...)

hi some time the feed wire for the motor shorts off the frame of the seat move the seat in a hight position and pull on the wire going to motor and the connection it may start working once the short is off the frame

also remove the back of the seat two screws under neath to remove and have a look also check for voltage at motor

Thank you. I'll try that.

E55BOF

Hi,
These are/can be quite tempermental, as Trevor says remove the back of the seat to gain access, its just secured by 2 phillips screws on the very bottom edge of the seat.
To be honest the motor and wiring for the headrest will most likely be perfectly ok, the problem is most likely the headrest has been driven off of the drive, or the drive gearbox has become unclipped causing slack in the gears.
Difficult to explain but once the back of the seat is off it will become obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom