W210 Heater Resistor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon_viola

Car
S212 E350 CDI Aantgarde Sport Estate
Hi

I think I have the normal resistor problems (fan works only on high setting or not at all sometimes) is the resistor easy to change? What part number would I need? My car is a 2001 e320cdi with ac but not full climate control.

Many thanks for your help

Jo

The fan resistor is very easy to change - a 10 minute job. I did it on my 2001 55 last week.

You will need Philips and Torx (T20) screwdriver bits.

In the passenger side footwell, remove the small air vent cover on the side of the centre console - held in place by a plastic Philips screw and then slide forward and out.

If you then look up, there is a covering over the knee area below the glovebox which needs to be removed (3 or 4 screws holding it in place).

Once the cover is removed, look up and you will see a plastic plate about 25 cm2 held in with a number of torx screws. Remove the screws and the plate will fall down.

Above this plate you will see the fan with the resistor attached to it by three screws. Remove these screws, undo the electrical connections attached to it and the resistor will drop out.

The part number is clearly marked on the resistor.

Incidentally, whilst you are in that area, it may be worth looking at the active carbon filters is you have them - they are pushed up into compartments next to the blower fan - simply slide the holding latches and the covers will come off - you can then pull out the filters and change them if necessary.

Hope this helps.

The MB part number may be superseded and could require a new blower as well, £££, if this is the case there is a well known auction site able to offer pattern parts, I have one in my S210, half MB cost and works fine to date. :thumb:

Don't forget to unplug the blower, before removing the plastic cover!

All sorted- thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom