W210- How to remove part of dashboard assembly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fat Freddie

Car
E320
I was giving my E320 a bit of a spruce-up today and I've managed to knock the headlamp adjuster switch right through the fascia. (see pic)

KA7Q1.jpg

So now I'm left with the problem of how to retrieve the adjuster switch and try to refit it from the front (which I assume is how it's done).

What's involved in getting it out that hole please? Presumably the whole surround for the air vent/light switch/parking brake release has to come off, but apart from a couple of screws under the parking brake release handle I can't see how it comes apart and since the interior is in nice condition on my car I don't want to start forcing stuff and maybe breaking it, so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance. :)

Open the door and prise out the fusebox cover, then unscrew the speaker grille, prise off the wood trim to reveal more screws for the lighting switch...

Ta. Ended up having to superglue the b*gg*r back in since it was the clips that had broken. I don't think I've ever touched the headlight adjuster before and as soon as I did yesterday it just disappeared into the depths! :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom