W210 "Hydraulic" reservior??????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip1972

Car
E350 CDI convertible 2011
Hi again

Under the wife's W210 E320 CDI bonnet, on the right hand side as you look at the engine, is quite a large reservoir that says "Hydraulic oil" on it. I am guessing that is for the power steering, but I have never seen a clear reservoir for that, they are usually black, so wanted to check before I top it up......

Any ideas?

Self levelling rear suspension on the 210 estates uses hydraulic fluid.

Hi again

Under the wife's W210 E320 CDI bonnet, on the right hand side as you look at the engine, is quite a large reservoir that says "Hydraulic oil" on it. I am guessing that is for the power steering, but I have never seen a clear reservoir for that, they are usually black, so wanted to check before I top it up......

Any ideas?

It's for the self levelling suspension , uses ZHM mineral oil , which should be changed periodically to avoid trouble .

It's for the self levelling suspension , uses ZHM mineral oil , which should be changed periodically to avoid trouble .

Oh sh!t really? Never changed mine, although I did buy a litre and top it up not long after I bought the car.

Does this apply to the S211 also?

EuroCP certainly used to stock it, you can find it on Ebay etc.

And it's for the power steering too, if my memory serves me correctly.

This model shares the SLS fluid with the Power Steering fluid, from the one reservoir.
MB's fluid spec. is stated on the cap.

Mine runs on generic ZHM, though...

This model shares the SLS fluid with the Power Steering fluid, from the one reservoir.
MB's fluid spec. is stated on the cap.

Mine runs on generic ZHM, though...

Yes mine has the part number around the neck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom