W210 ignition problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clementw

Car
E240 W210
My car: W210 V6 260cc year 2000

When I insert the key in, there is usually a suction sound and then I can start the car. Lately I insert the key and there isn't such a sound (steering lock problem according to my mechanic). I have to wait awhile and insert several times before I manage where there is a suction sound and I can definitely start the car when there is the suction sound. But on occasion it was hours before I can start it.

I had send this car to 2 mechanics and one send the whole set for repairs but no solution. The only solution now is to buy a used ignition system or a new one. Even then there is no guarantee it will work.

I wonder if anyone here can help me. This problem had given me headache for the last 2 months.

My car: W210 V6 260cc year 2000

When I insert the key in, there is usually a suction sound and then I can start the car. Lately I insert the key and there isn't such a sound (steering lock problem according to my mechanic). I have to wait awhile and insert several times before I manage where there is a suction sound and I can definitely start the car when there is the suction sound. But on occasion it was hours before I can start it.

I had send this car to 2 mechanics and one send the whole set for repairs but no solution. The only solution now is to buy a used ignition system or a new one. Even then there is no guarantee it will work.

I wonder if anyone here can help me. This problem had given me headache for the last 2 months.

Make sure your gear lever is pushed all the way forward, when my ignition key doesn't turn, its sometimes because the gear lever is 2mm further back than it should be and the interlock doesn't work.

I have a used, working 2 keys, ESL, EIS, ECU.
It's still in the 1999 W210.

You may change whole identty ecu key ignition barrel and Esl module

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom