w210 Indicating Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omegav6i

Car
C43
Hi, just looking for some W210 indicating mirrors to fit to my W202, if there are any going spare out there.

Look on ebay, they come up quite often seeing as many W210s are being broken. Depending on if you want them to be folding or non-folding, you can find them from £80-100 upwards.

yeh i have been looking on ebay and saw them going for about 60 - 80 each side which i thought seems a little steep considereing a few of them were broken. I dont have folding mirrors on my car but i assume a folding set would still work fine minus the folding capability.

yeh i have been looking on ebay and saw them going for about 60 - 80 each side which i thought seems a little steep considereing a few of them were broken. I dont have folding mirrors on my car but i assume a folding set would still work fine minus the folding capability.

To be honest if your car doesnt have folding then get the non-folding ones as the others will have been folded before removal and you wont be able to set them back in the correct position without a loom.

Aaaaah good point, would it be hard to wire a loom?

Aaaaah good point, would it be hard to wire a loom?

Not really, but it depends on if you have the patience to put the loom in, I dont know if they still make it. If they do and you fancy a challenge, you'd need to buy that either new or used depending on if its available on somewhere like german ebay (ebay.de) and then you would need to fit that and then wire your mirrors to it. I dont have that much patience to do that and so just fitted the non-folding mirrors instead.

There are instructions available I think on here if you search but it's a fiddly job.

AFAIK the looms are still available from any dealer. I might look up the part numbers later if I remember.

Iv been told that by touching the mirrors with live they should unfold, would this work? seemed a bit too easy to me.

Iv been told that by touching the mirrors with live they should unfold, would this work? seemed a bit too easy to me.

Hi,
Yes this would work, but if the mirrors ever got knocked in you would have to power them out again, as there are no springs in the mirror to return them to the correct position.
Incidently if you were to retro fit the folding function you would not only need the chassis loom which Shude mentions but possibly different door looms or modify your existing ones by adding a couple of cables for the folding, though you would have to add additional cables in the door anyway for the indicators.
I take it you are aware that these mirrors are not just plug and play and that you will need to either change the mirror plug or the socket on your car to make the mirrors compatible.

Hi,
Yes this would work, but if the mirrors ever got knocked in you would have to power them out again, as there are no springs in the mirror to return them to the correct position.
Incidently if you were to retro fit the folding function you would not only need the chassis loom which Shude mentions but possibly different door looms or modify your existing ones by adding a couple of cables for the folding, though you would have to add additional cables in the door anyway for the indicators.
I take it you are aware that these mirrors are not just plug and play and that you will need to either change the mirror plug or the socket on your car to make the mirrors compatible.

Following on from andy, they are a hassle, I took the complete loom out of my old mirrors and attached them to my new ones so technically mine are plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom