W210 indicator and wiper failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikehpeel

Car
2001 E240
Hi all
I have an intermittent fault on my indicators and wipers which seems to appear mainly in the rain (as it would with the wipers!) Several weeks ago, they suddenly stoppped working when I has driving in the rain. When I parked the car and locked it, I also saw that the indicators did not flash when I pressed the key fob to lock it. The next time I came to unlock it about an hour later, everything was working fine. As the car is still under the suppliers warranty, they diagnosed! a faulty switch on the steering column and replaced the stalk 2 weeks ago, which, as the weather has been fine, appeared to cure the problem. I also found, again on a rainy day, that one of the windows wouldn't close as if there wasn't enough power to wind the window up, it would go down but not up. When the car was stopped, it suddenly worked again. Two days ago, in the first rain for a couple of weeks, the wipers (althout there was a clicking noise from the wiper motor area under the bonnet as if it was trying to work) and indicators failed to work when I got into the car before I had even set off and again, the indicators did not flash when it was locked and unlocked. A couple of hours later, when I tried again, everything was fine. If the switch was faulty, I would have thought that the indicators would still flash when the car was locked and unlocked.

It is going back to the auto electricians on Monday and if anyone could help me point them in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. It has to be sorted as I have a long motorway journey planned in a few weeks and don't want it to fail if it is raining.

Many thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom