w210 injector leakoff pipe om606

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atlantimd

Car
w210 E300 estate, w211 e220CDI, SL320 R129
Hi
I have been having trouble with fuel smell from engine. When checked it was a leak at the injector return line. The recess around the injectors 1 & 6 were full of diesel. I got them clened out and new hose from the motor factors fitted. Now as i have seen from other on the net the diesel is leaking back when the car is parked up over night making it hard started due to airlock. I have looked for the P/n for the original pipe online but cant find it, we have had to fit small cable ties to the pipes to get them to seal as we can hear air sucking after car is switched off. But it has started to airlock again even with cable ties.
Is this normal for the fuel to run back, also is there a better pipe or has anyone came up with a good way to seal the hose from (Non genuine motor factors). Or has anyone found a good replacement hose that i could use
Mercedes ose does seem to be a bit smaller diameter.
thanks for any assistance

You can get small leak off pipe at any diesel shop or even Halford.
You might have a clogged tank strainer that create a vaccum and the fuel is going back.
You might need to change the Orings on the fuel line and the SOV and maybe the clear line if they are brittle.
The Orings come with the clear lines then if you cange them there is no need to buy more Orings.

Thanks for replies. I will try halfords tomorrow. I used 3.2mm and its leaking.
Iam using normal diesel i checked other thread thanks for that, someone else with same issue. small pipe internal diameter must be 3mm??:wallbash:

oh yes also all o rings replaced year and a half ago

Mercedes leak-off pipe is part No A605 078 05 81. It's the devils own to fit but I used a pair of blunt (i.e. no teeth) long nosed pliers gripping the pipe just behind the length needed to push over the spigot. If for any reason you have to take it off; replace with fresh stuff. In my experience once it's been over the spigot once it's stretched and wont seal next time.

Last edited:
Mercedes leak-off pipe is part No A605 078 05 81. It's the devils own to fit but I used a pair of blunt (i.e. no teeth) long nosed pliers gripping the pipe just behind the length needed to push over the spigot. If for any reason you have to take it off; replace with fresh stuff. In my experience once it's been over the spigot once it's stretched and wont seal next time.
Thanks, Hard stuff to locate also. Contacted 3 motor factors and they all say they sell 3.2mm never sold any other size's. Halfords sell vauxhall stuff but not sure is it 3mm.

^ Have you tried Mercedes? A605 078 05 81. They sell cut lengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom