W210 instrument panel repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard1973

Car
S210 320cdi Avantgarde
Hi, can anyone recommend a company who can repair the lcd displays on my W210? Have tried the packing out with rubber option and it has restored the temp gauge but not the gear/ clock display. Burton-on-Trent area ideally. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

you can buy new ribbons from ebay to fix this. I did the same on my 208

I did mine too on my W210. If you have tried packing it then definitely need to replace them. As Mark said, kits are available on ebay and some include a T-bar soldering iron. There are also solderless kits but can't comment on how good they are. I think the company I used was akspeedo

I've done three or four of these on my 210's over the years.

29thJune2013037.jpg

26thJuly2013003.jpg

I bought the ribbon kits from AKSPEEDO on Ebay. They provide a video tutorial which made the job easier on the last cluster I repaired.
Mercedes CLK E class Speedo Instrument Cluster Non Bonding Pixel Repair Ribbons | eBay

It took me about an hour each time, although (believe it or not) I did manage to stop the horn from working by re-inserting the speedo at night and bending one of the connector pins. :doh:

+1 for AK Speedo, used their kit to repair clock and temp displays on a W208, quite easy to do with their instructions and still good 2+ years later.

Have now ordered the ribon cables from AKSPEEDO, will have a go at fitting them at the weekend. Also ordered some bulbs as some are out. Most worrying is the Check Engine one doesn't work. Not sure if I really want to replace it on a car of this age and mileage!

No, still not done them. The link to the fitting instructions didn't work and AK haven't got back to me. I did get the temperature display working using the packing method, but still no clock or gear display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom